Constructware Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Constructware Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Constructware topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard: OpenForm action was canceled.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tglinatsis
687 Views, 2 Replies

Dashboard: OpenForm action was canceled.

Hey guys/gals -

*** Note: I attempted to contact tech support, via the phone number provided in the help section, three times this afternoon. On each call, I was disconnected immediately after being transferred to the Constructware/Subcontractor group. That's disheartening. ***

We're running Autodesk Subcontractor, v6.0...and I'm not entirely sure that this is the right forum for this question (but I'm going to go for it anyway).

Through the course of usage over the last few weeks, I have encountered several combinations of clicks that result in errors. The most aggravating, though, is the OpenForm error that I get whenever trying to use the Dashboard.

If I click the Dashboard button, there is immediately a dialogue box with the following:

"The OpenForm action was canceled."

"You used a method of the DoCmd object to carry out an action in Visual Basic, but then Clicked cancel in a dialog box."

"For example, you used the Close method to close a changed form, then clicked Cancel in the dialog box that asks if you want to save the changes you made to the form."

As a VB guy, I'm perhaps too well acquainted with error messages like this; that being said, it's disappointing to see errors of this variety on a product as pricey as Constructware.

I'd take a guess that there's a problem with closing out the Main Board form before opening the Dashboard...regardless, it makes it impossible for me to use the Dashboard. It simply won't open.

This is also a major problem if the program is told to startup on the Dashboard upon login. If you've ticked that box in the Dashboard Setup, then restart, not only do you not have a Dashboard window to look at, but you've also lost any useful menus in the menu bar. It's almost like the menu you get in an Access .mde that can't be edited by the user: useless.

I'm current on updates, and have replicated this problem on three different machines running XP.

Thoughts?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tglinatsis
in reply to: tglinatsis

Update: Tech support doesn't like my cell phone, for some reason. Calling from a landline got me through to Josh, who solved my problem by having me run the following:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Components\10\OWC10.DLL"

Evidently the Dashboard depends on that particular web component DLL being registered; if it's not, all sorts of wackiness ensues.

Thanks, Josh. FYI, everyone else.
Message 3 of 3
kareem.francis
in reply to: tglinatsis

Thx tglinatsis...I'm glad you were able to get thru and resolve your issue! Hopefully that was just an anomaly with your cell phone 🙂

Kareem Francis
Sr. Support Analyst
Global Customer Service & Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report