Constructware General Discussion

Constructware General Discussion

Active Contributor
hotpepr1
Message 1 of 2 (342 Views)

Constructware Tips

342 Views, 1 Replies
06-23-2008 06:58 AM
Recently, we had a problem with some users that were getting kicked out of CW with login failures and time-outs.

CW help desk figured out the problem - internet shortcuts to the site on the desktop! When the user typed in the address directly, they no longer ran into the problem. I wanted to pass this useful information along to anyone else that may have experienced this.

THANK YOU TECH SUPPORT!! As always, a huge help!
Contributor
larryadams
Message 2 of 2 (342 Views)

Re: Constructware Tips

07-02-2008 06:14 PM in reply to: hotpepr1
I passed this on to a user who was having a big problem and this fixed it.

Here is one in return.

I had trouble exporting reports to excel, Cost-to-Complete reports in particular. The screen would blink but no report or error message. Here is the feedback response.

"Usually this is caused by a certain setting in internet explorer. If you go to Tools/Internet Options/Security/Click on the Custom Level Button/There is setting called "Automatic Prompting for File Downloads", make sure that this setting is set to "Enable". Typically if you are using IE 7 this comes automatically disabled and you don't get prompting to save the exported excel file."

This fixed my problem but I didn't see this setting listed in Help.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New Constructware Category!

The Constructware forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.