Constructware Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Constructware Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Constructware topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bidding - Contractor Questions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
542 Views, 3 Replies

Bidding - Contractor Questions

During the Bid Phase, where would be the best place to track questions from Contractors? Any suggestions? Is there a place to tie directly into Bid Management?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You could put questions in the comments section of the Bid Package. The CW bid management system is good receiving the answer to the solicitation (will/won’t bid), but it’s really an admin process from there.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Here is another suggestion:

I've seen customers use both the RFI and Contractor RFI modules. They do one of two things:

1. Create two projects, one for bidding and one for construction. This will keep the RFIs separate
2. Use one project, but number the bid RFIs differently, such as "B-###", to keep them separate from the RFIs generated during the construction phase.

Will keep searching for other options.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks TresM, I think adding the "Bid" designation in front of the RFI numbers is the way to go (for now)... I'd just like to be able to create and resolve it in the same step - since our contractor questions will be coming in by email or fax since they won't be "users" until after awarded the project - and you can't email into Constructware. This way we can add the question and answer and be finished. Otherwise it is a multiple step process to correctly close (resolve) RFIs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report