Configurator 360 Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Configurator 360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Configurator 360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your top 3 wishlist items

58 REPLIES 58
Message 1 of 59
sanjay.ramaswamy
4518 Views, 58 Replies

Your top 3 wishlist items

We'd like to hear your feedback! What are your top 3 wishlist items for the Configurator 360 product? You  can include new features, enhancements of existing features and fixes. Please be as specific as possible.

Thank you!

Sanjay-

Sanjay Ramaswamy    

Product Manager

Autodesk

58 REPLIES 58
Message 2 of 59
msy
Explorer
in reply to: sanjay.ramaswamy

1. Developer-defined User Parameter Menu Layout with capability of conditionally showing/hiding a block.

2. Ability to read from a database or at very least a delimited flat file.

3. Ability to read from a color library instead of having to include the colors with each model.

Message 3 of 59

Hello Sanjay,

The top thing that I would like to see in the configurator 360 is I would like to be able to change the look of the parameters section much more like the iLogic forms in Inventor. 

I would also like to it become more comprehensive. For what I am doing it would be nice to have the option to get a quote for multiple versions of the an item and determine a quantity of each of the versions that are chosen.

Thanks,

Paul Wohlford

Message 4 of 59
bmerton

1. Better control of forms / layouts / alignments / sections / spacers / fonts. The current form needs to be able to have structure.

2. Control over what appears on the RFQ button. Why does the customer have to fill out their address each time if they are on an embedded site behind a company firewall?

3. History of configurations to be available to the customer listed by the time they pressed the Update button and a short mandatory text field called 'Description' or 'Name' they must fill before pressing the button. This will require their details (eg email address) to be entered before they start configuring (as opposed to the lengthy RFQ button now which someone may forget to press), which could be automated with a trigger update from the login details if the site is on an embedded page within a company portal. The customer has to be a able to return to their configured designs.

AND

***Better error management / logging***

Message 5 of 59

Hi,

1) Read/Write to external database
2) Better UI when using an iLogic model
3) Ability for a user to save their configuration and re-open it to make changes. (Maybe that will work if my number 1 works)

Regards
Rikard
Message 6 of 59
jburton

1) A easy method to get the configured assembly back into vault is what comes first to my mind.

2) A way to have pop up text based on the sections the user has made. Eg If client selected an I-beam skid. I would tell them in text on the screen that an I-beam skid is only needed if you are moving the tank around.
Message 7 of 59

Not used C360 yet but is a possibility for an Intent project we are working on. This project has to use Inventor API for some aspects and we are advised this will not work in C360.

Would be nice if C360 could accommodate Inventor API

Message 8 of 59
tcmurphy

Would be nice to have an integration with Vault (via an API or whatever)

Message 9 of 59
rhouse

1. Parameters section to look and act like iLogic form

2. Ability to set downloads/actions at the design level for iLogic designs

3. Ability to have iLogic rules run in a drawing for an iLogic design

Message 10 of 59

Hi,

It is currently possible to call Inventor APIs either from iLogic rules or ETO rules within C360. If you need further help, feel free to follow up with a post or send queries to configurator360.support@autodesk.com

thanks,

Sanjay-

Message 11 of 59
mds1312

My top 3

1. c360 is to handle forms from inventor

2. make somthing that can run localy in the companys server not in the cloud

3. make it faster

Message 12 of 59

My wishes

1) Support for appearanceassets which use my own textures. I tried adding the BMP's to the ZIP file, but so far no luck.

2) Better AEC related output options...  "3D DWG", "adsk" and or Inventor assy's as "nested" RFA's

3)  Some sort of database support.... even as low level as XLS or CSV would already be nice

Regards,

Leon Campsteijn
Product Manager
Cadac Group
www.cadac.com

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.
Kudos are much appreciated!
Message 13 of 59
esljesse

I was reviewing C360 for a current project, but wasn't able to use it because it won't allow the user to upload their own images to be applied to decals.  So I'd suggest adding this and any other personalization options not currently available.

Thanks,

Jesse

Message 14 of 59
bmerton
in reply to: esljesse

Jesse - I have my decals working fine in C360. What exactly is the problem you are facing? I suggest you email the C360 team as their support is excellent and I don't think this should be a problem.
Message 15 of 59

My 2 cents

I might be looking in all the wrong places to find it, but

1) how-to/youtube video regarding the newly added features (primarily documents with properties to be filled from a C360 configuration).

2) customer (maybe 123D catch) importable environment (al la showcase) for a "how will this product look in its intended use location".

background image replacement is a start (thanks Sandjay) but an environment that moves along with the model would be awesome.

3) links to, or if non existant, an extended webinar with a good demo set for partners to provide interested customer demo's.

Message 16 of 59

1. UI Forms

2. Options per design. Today configuration of downloads and RFQ applies all designs. 

Message 17 of 59
MRanda

Forgive me if any of my list items are already present in the product, but I am not a current subscriber. I was one of the testers for 360 before it came on the market, and once my trial expired I couldn't use it anymore. I create configurators, so I don't really have a use for C360 other than to show clients what it can do...... but unfortunately it lacks the capabilities most of my clients are looking for. Here are some of the things that I believe need to happen to give C360 a broader appeal:

1. Tighter Integration - Should be able to easily integrate on my website like a Wordpress Plug-in -- in fact, there should be a C360 Wordpress Plug-in. Wordpress is incredibly popular, and having a product configuration plug-in would be very helpful to the end user, and would be a big selling point for C360. From the C360 website, it is quite unclear whether C360 can even be integrated into one's website at all. The 360 website lists “Product configuration on your website“ -- but shows a picture of a catalog of designs that are clearly on the C360 website.
  2. Pricing - I want to be able to pull and display prices elegantly. One of the biggest barriers to using 360 is that one cannot easily display and use a price for the product being configured. I have written code that pulls in current pricing, then tallies things up for the final configuration, but this needs to be tightly integrated into C360 itself. The video below shows the on-line configurator at Massuni.com. It is currently under development but they are definitely on the right track.
  3. Ordering - An order button that can be linked to the credit card processor of one's choosing (my current clent uses Shopify.com). As of now, there is no built-in way of allowing a customer to order what they have configured without involving a human via the current request a quote process -- which is great for some things, but is totally useless for most, and will drive customers away in droves. Even on most big ticket items, you should be able to price and sell the item without human intervention.

The video below shows an online custom product configurator that is currently in development, but it looks and behaves as one would expect as far as displaying a price and having a purchase button present at all times (if desired):

I love the 2D push pull configuring that updates in the 3D model to the left, as well as the fly-out thumbnail menus!

If there is a way to do something similar with C360 I would love to hear about it. I will likely have to turn another potential client away this week if I cannot get C360 to work as a realtime sales tool. Please contact me at: mark@applieddesignintelligence.com or here in the forum if you have any solutions that work now. Thanks!

Intel i7-6700K Liquid Cooled CPU
MSI GTX GeForce 1080 AERO 8GB OC Graphics
32 Gigs DDR 4 Ram
500 GB SSD OS Drive
4TB SSHD File Server Drive
Windows 10 Pro
Applied Design Intelligence
http://applieddesignintelligence.com/
Message 18 of 59
Skadborg.NTI
in reply to: MRanda

Hi MRanda
Are you replaying updates at 1 x speed in the video? It seems to update amazing fast.
Message 19 of 59
MRanda
in reply to: Skadborg.NTI

The video shows someone else's online configurator that is under development. What is shown could be just smoke-and-mirrors. It is the ability to actualy price and sell configured items that is important. 

Intel i7-6700K Liquid Cooled CPU
MSI GTX GeForce 1080 AERO 8GB OC Graphics
32 Gigs DDR 4 Ram
500 GB SSD OS Drive
4TB SSHD File Server Drive
Windows 10 Pro
Applied Design Intelligence
http://applieddesignintelligence.com/
Message 20 of 59

Hi,

In my mind everything that is shown is doable with C360 if you place it on your own website and use C360 API. But the update of the 3D viewer will take a little bit longer.
But one thins is for sure.. The solution will not be cheap. But I don't think the one that the video shows will not be cheap either.

Regards
Rikard

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report