Configurator 360 Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Configurator 360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Configurator 360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Form on Action

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
rikard.nilsson
1005 Views, 7 Replies

Show Form on Action

Hi,

I have succeeded with adding a dynamic child with an Action.

Is there any possible way to show a Form in the Action, edit some values and set them as Parameter- values?

Regards
Rikard

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Rikard,

Thank you for using Configurator 360.

At the present time you are not able to utilize forms.

Forms are one of the documented limitations:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/CFG360/ENU/?guid=GUID-96EA0CAA-73BB-42C2-94D8-73CC76791DC7

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 3 of 8

Rikard,

Thank you for using Configurator 360.

At the present time you are not able to utilize forms.

Forms are one of the documented limitations:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/CFG360/ENU/?guid=GUID-96EA0CAA-73BB-42C2-94D8-73CC76791DC7

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 4 of 8

Hi Bob,

I can’t find anything about Forms excepts for iLogic.. Maybe you should add a row about that you can't show a form when using an Action.

It would be a nice feature anyway in the future if you could make it work..

/Rikard

Message 5 of 8

Yes indeed, it would be a nice feature.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Jon Balgley
Message 6 of 8

Hi Rikard,

How were you able to create a dynamic child with an Action?  We typically use ETO Server and supply a design name parameter to the action to create the child.  Did you have the design name (and other parameters) set in the ETO model and call an action that referenced those rule values?

We are considering creating a set of special uiProps that would be referenced by only an action.  That way a form (javascript) could set those uiProp values prior to the action executing... emulating the ability to supply arguments to an action.  Are you doing something like that?

Thanks,

George

George Williams
D3 Technologies - Automation Solutions
************************************************************************************
If this post helps, please click the "thumbs up" to give kudos
If this post answers your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
************************************************************************************
Message 7 of 8

Hi George!

I did not use the technique to add Dynamic Child later because I did not succeed with the UI and I found another solution for my project.

I tried to find my old code for this but I did not find it unfortunately.

So I'm not much help for you.
/Rikard
Message 8 of 8

Thanks for the quick reply Rikard!

We have some ideas that we are going to try and some feature requests we've submitted to C360 support that would allow us to create dynamic children via a form using the embedded UI.  Our feature request is to supply a string parameter to an action call.  We would put JSON in that string for the action to parse to create dynamic children with the property values we supply.

If and when we get that ability in C360 embedded UI API, then we will open source all our code that does that.  Fingers crossed!

George Williams
D3 Technologies - Automation Solutions
If this post helps, please click the "thumbs up" to give kudos
If this post answers your question, please click "Accept as Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report