Configurator 360 Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Configurator 360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Configurator 360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save Image as .dwfX... yes "x"...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jdavis417
1100 Views, 3 Replies

Save Image as .dwfX... yes "x"...

I really wish Autodesk would support it's own format better... .dwf always seems to be an afterthought? .dwfX would allow any consumer to view the files (mostly) with any software installation nor special plug-ins (Google Chrome is one exception that I'm aware of and must have an add-on and a manual change to a registry value). Many people don't realize that a .dwfx can be renamed to an .xps extension and viewed in "any" browser with no additional effort or installs. I hope that what I've said it accurate... please comment back with corrections if you know better! If .dwfx capabilities are in the works, you might share that too! Thanks, Another JD
Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jdavis417
in reply to: jdavis417

".dwfX would allow any consumer to view the files (mostly) WITHOUT any software installation or special plug-ins...", is what I should have typed.

Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your feedback. We will provide the ability to download the DWFx format in a future update.

Sanjay-

Sanjay Ramaswamy

Product Manager

Autodesk

Message 4 of 4
jdavis417
in reply to: jdavis417

Thank you, sir!

Concering Google Chrome... either I mis-remembered, something has changed or I've already done it on this machine (as a different Windows User Profile which got corrupted & caused Inventor to act "crazy")... I didn't have to edit the registry this time.  As I recall the regedit was simply to change a lower-case letter to upper-case.  The other part of viewing .dwf(x) in Chrome is that you'll probably want to set it as the default application.  This is a little confusing since it doesn't automatically show up in the list of programs to use.  You'll find the .exe for Chrome in the Programs x86 folder since it's apparently still a 32-bit application.

Another "secret" about .dwfx (but apparently NOT .dwf) is that the file extension can be changed to ".xps" and viewed (but not marked-up... only "signed" in the XPS Viewer... the signature doesn't seem to "round trip" if you change back to a .dwfx extension).  This allows any Windows user who has the out-of-the-box XPS Viewer installed to view the file.

Thanks again,

John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report