Configurator 360 Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Configurator 360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Configurator 360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Failed to check the saved software version?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
DaveB61
1263 Views, 5 Replies

"Failed to check the saved software version?

I am trying to utilize a large customer assembly. I do not know the details of how it was built except that it was initially an iAssembly. I made an iLogic rule to Include/Exclude the members according to the iAssembly Table. The iLogic assembly works well with no errors. I saved the assembly and used Pack and Go to export all the parts and assemblies to a folder where I Zipped everything for uploading to C360. After upload I keep getting the message attached. I have never come across this before.

Using Inventor 2015.

Dave

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jon.Balgley
in reply to: DaveB61

This is a poor message on our part.  It basically means, "something went wrong" but doesn't give you any more information.  Sorry; we're improving this for the future.

Things I'd check:

* Is the top-level IAM an iAssembly?  That's not allowed; you have to place it as an occurrence one level down.

* Are all the files are really there?  Unzip locally to a new location, with a blank project, and see if it opens.  (It sounds like you did the right thing.)

* be sure you're not using any of the restricted iLogic features (see this help page)

Or, if you want us to look at it, send us the original zip file with all the files.  You can email us at configurator360.support@autodesk.com .  If it's too big to attach, and you don't have a good way to get it to us, just contact us and we can work it out.

Jon Balgley
Message 3 of 6
DaveB61
in reply to: Jon.Balgley

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the help. Although I did have the assembly working properly, I did not check the Pack and Go version. There were two small parts missing and two constraint issues. After resolving these, I did get the model to upload and work. The customer model is very large and detailed, so C360 runs very slow. I am going to recommend that they use a stripped down version that still gets the design intent across.

There is one other issue that just appeared with this model. I have added two pictures that show the normal view of the Shelter and the view that appears for about 15 to 20 seconds whenever you try to move or zoom the model. I do not think the customer will like the appearence of the splayed model. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave

Message 4 of 6
Jon.Balgley

I agree, I do not think the customer will like it!

I'm glad you got the model to work.  That's a good start.  Yes, a "very large and detailed" model is likely to run much slower than a stripped-down simplified version.  After all, the end-users don't usually need to see every last detail, just enough to make it look good and/or convey what they need to know.  We try to make improvements to performance with every release, but it's always going to be possible to have a model that is "too big".

I don't know about the "splayed" behavior, exactly.  The 3D view that you can pan/zoom/rotate is generated from the solid bodies in the Inventor model.  The final view is generated from (more or less) whatever would be visible in Inventor, including textures/transparency, decals, client geometry, surface bodies, etc.  A few things (e.g., workfeatures) are always turned off.

If you'd like us to investigate it, we'd be happy to.  If you have it up and accessible on Configurator 360, you can just email us a link to it.  

Jon Balgley
Message 5 of 6
DaveB61
in reply to: Jon.Balgley

Jon,

Can you send me your email address, so I can add you to my C360 account so you can ciew the Shelter?

Dave

Message 6 of 6
Jon.Balgley

Sure:

jon.balgley@autodesk.com

Jon Balgley

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report