Configurator 360 Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Configurator 360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Configurator 360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
jasper.du.saar
748 Views, 5 Replies

iLogic support

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how much of the iLogic functionality is supported by Configurator. I read that iLogic should be available for use. Does this include parts of the Inventor API one could integrate into the iLogic rules in Inventor? If so, which parts? I currently have a model uploaded to Configurator 360 which was initially not created specifically for this intent. This model relies heavily on VB.net to update correctly (addition/removal of components in the assembly, among other things). Despite trying my best to eliminate things that wouldn't work on some platform different from standalone Inventor (file references, for example), I still cannot manage to succesfully configure my model in Configurator.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hello Jasper,

Thanks for trying Configurator 360. 

Yes, iLogic is available for use on Configurator 360. 

There are some limitations; these are documented here.  You may need to scroll down the page.

You CAN use VB code in general.  In addition to the documented limitations, note that your VB code cannot access Inventor browser objects, nor any interactive capabilities, especially including message boxes and forms.

If you are adding components, be sure that those files are included in the uploaded Zip file (normal pack-n-go won’t get them), and ensure that your code is referring to them with a pathname relative to the assembly that contains the rules.

We’d be happy to look at your particular model & code.  Send it to “configurator360.support@autodesk.com”.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 3 of 6

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your reply. From the documented limitations I gather that any instance of 'ThisApplication' should be replaced with 'ThisServer'. The following is an example of how I would access particular documents. Could you indicate whether or not swapping out aforementioned objects would result in valid code?

Dim strPath As String, oPartDoc As PartDocument
strPath = ThisDoc.Path & "\SomeSubfolder\Partfile.ipt"
Try
	oPartDoc = ThisApplication.Documents.ItemByName(strPath)
Catch
	Try
		oPartDoc = ThisApplication.Documents.Open(strPath,False)
	Catch
		'normally some error message would be displayed
		Exit Sub
	End Try
End Try

Message 4 of 6
MjDeck
in reply to: jasper.du.saar

Jasper,

Yes, if you replace ThisApplication with ThisServer then the code you're showing will work on Configurator 360.

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
MjDeck
in reply to: jasper.du.saar

Note that ThisServer also works in Inventor. So the same rule can be used both in Inventor and on Configurator 360. In Inventor, ThisServer provides a subset of the ThisApplication functionality.

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6
jasper.du.saar
in reply to: MjDeck

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your input. Unfortunately, changing the reference to ThisServer didn't solve my problem. I think I'll send the model over to the email address provided by Bob. I'm hoping they may be able to identify some remaining issues. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report