Configurator 360 Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Configurator 360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Configurator 360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iAssembly will not update..

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1074 Views, 8 Replies

iAssembly will not update..

Ok Team,

This was my first attempt at trying 360. I have uploaded an iAssembly, iParts, and iLogic code using iPart.ChangeRow(). Everything seems to work fine in one folder with subfolders on my system. After I upload it nothing changes as it is supposed to. Where shall I start looking in order to fix this? Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Jon.Balgley
in reply to: Anonymous

The iAssembly and/or iParts must be used below the top-level assembly (the top-level assembly cannot be an iAssembly).

If that's not the problem, then would it be possible to look at your model?  You can contact us privately via email at configurator360.support@autodesk.com and either attach the model to your email or give us the link to your uploaded Configurator 360 design.

Jon Balgley
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Jon.Balgley

Hi Jon,

The top assembly is not an iAssembly. I have forwarded you the link.

Hope to hear from you.

Wayne

Message 4 of 9
Jon.Balgley

Hi Wayne –

The problem is that Configurator 360 did not account for the exact way that you wrote your rule.  In your rule, you used statements like this (sanitized for this public forum)…

If Parameter(“Height”) > 100  Then

…instead of the following very-similar statement:

If Height > 100 Then

The second kind of statement will automatically run the rule if you change the Height parameter.  The first kind will NOT run the rule.  This was OK for you in desktop Inventor, because you had an iLogic ‘form’, with a button that explicitly ran the rule.  Configurator 360 does not have that option, although we’re going to think about it now!

There are at least two ways to make your model work on Configurator 360:

1. In your rule, change all the important Parameter(“XYZ”) to just “XYZ”.  You don’t have to change all the “d” parameters, since you’re not changing those directly from Configurator 360.

2. Make a new “decoy” rule that just refers to all of the main parameters, and then runs the main rule.  The purpose of the decoy rule is simply to attract iLogic’s attention.  Something like this:

If (txtParam1 = “abc”) or (txtParam2 = “abc”) or …   then

Trigger = numberParam1 + numberParam2 + numberParam3

End If

iLogicVb.RunRule("mainRuleName")

Note that you have to get the capitalization of the parameter names correct.

You can see this same behavior in desktop Inventor if you change the parameter values directly through the Parameters window, instead of through your iLogic form.  Configurator 360 just changes parameter values, and the iLogic rules have to react appropriately to that.

Thanks!

Jon Balgley
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the email and reply here. Your solution seemed to fix most of the issues I was having, however there seem to be some minor things.

• One of my userparameters was linked to a d# dimension. Even though it was "checked" for export it did not upload the 360 parameters. With a little re-coding I was able to get it to work. But none the less it would be nice if I did not have too.
  • From a designers point of view it would be nice if 360 integrated better with Inventor. If I create my iLogic form the way I need my designers and sales people to use it, why cant that be uploaded and shown correctly on 360?
  • With every change to the parameters on 360 I seem to be waiting for the model to update. I would perfer to make all my changes and then have an update button to push all the changes at once, unchecking the auto update seems to be for graphical use only.
  •  It would be nice to upload "rules" only under the "Actions" area. Seems time consuming that for every change to the rules I make I had to upload the entire 200meg file. Perhaps I am missing something?
  • I have an idw in the folder that was uploaded. How does the user go about seeing it prior to downloading it. Also upon downloading it, it does so with ever dwg in the sub folders. I will take note of this and delete the extra dwgs and the master will be cleaned up for general purpose use.

All in all, this is a fantasic tool!! Exactly what companies are going to want, need and use. I will keep experimenting with it and post any other feedback here. If you have more info or suggestions, I am all "ears"... Thanks again for your help!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

It would also be nice if 360 offered an "explorer" type view of the files and allowed us to change out just specific files such as idw's. Once again, making a change to just the idw and nothing else requires a complete upload of the entire zipped folder?
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Also Jon, it would be nice if 360 offered an "Explorer" type view where the admin could change out idw's, ect. Again, an minor change to the idw requires the entire folder to be zipped up and uploaded again?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

A "cancel button" during the upload process, would be nice..

Message 9 of 9
Jon.Balgley

Thanks so much for all of the suggestions!

• Re: updates.  Yes, we are thinking along the same lines here.  The auto-update mechanism is not quite the same thing as having an iLogic-style "run-a-rule" button.
  • Re: forms.  Yes, it sure would be nice... just not sure when we'll get to it.  The simple one-form case (as you have) is easy, but it gets complicated in other cases.  That's only meant as an explanation, not an excuse.  Of course it should "just work", somehow.
  • re: uploading.  Yes, currently, you have to upload the entire thing every time.  Are you using the upload-to-Configurator command from within Inventor?  That is much easier and faster than the "new design" or "new version" mechanism on the Configurator 360 web page.  (Especially since you don't have to zip it yourself.)  If you install Inventor 2015, it is built in (and automatically updates Inventor 2014, if present).  If you're using Inventor 2014, you can get this free "addin" from here.  It's already about 10x faster than the web-upload (at least seems that way), and there's room for further improvement.
  • Currently, unfortunately, there is no way to see any drawing prior to download.  
  • Yes, "explorer view" would be nice.
  • Yes, "cancel" would be nice.

I wonder if you'd care to comment on exactly/generally how your company hopes to use this, and any critical deficiencies.  Sure, budgets and pricing are always issues ... but I can't do anything about those!

Jon Balgley

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report