Configurator 360 General Discussion

Contributor
matthew.w
Message 1 of 2 (505 Views)
Accepted Solution

Confusion with colours

505 Views, 1 Replies
08-07-2013 10:31 PM

In my Inventor iam I have colour over rides set by iLogic and a form that I use. The colours of the various instances are changed according to a parmater in the assembly.

When I upload the iam I loose the forms (OK with that) but the colours are taken just from the part files.

Is there a way to override the part colours in the assembly or is that what is meant by limitations of not implementing the material library?

I guess I could get iLogic rules to force the part colours to change rather than just the instance. Would these display like I want?

I like the idea of this Configurator 360. Lots of potential!

Matthew
matthew.w@cadpro.co.nz
+64 9 302 4028

Hi Matthew,

Configurator 360 currently does not honor color overrides applied at the assembly level. We'll prioritize and schedule this for a future update. For now, you'll need to change the part colors as you suggest and that should work fine.

Sanjay-

Sanjay Ramaswamy

Product Manager

Autodesk

Board Manager
sanjay.ramaswamy
Message 2 of 2 (484 Views)

Re: Confusion with colours

08-09-2013 10:23 AM in reply to: matthew.w

Hi Matthew,

Configurator 360 currently does not honor color overrides applied at the assembly level. We'll prioritize and schedule this for a future update. For now, you'll need to change the part colors as you suggest and that should work fine.

Sanjay-

Sanjay Ramaswamy

Product Manager

Autodesk

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.