Configurator 360 Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Configurator 360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Configurator 360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colors and Grain Direction

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
469 Views, 0 Replies

Colors and Grain Direction

Showing the correct grain direction is very important for my visual display. Colors is one of my parameters allowing the customer to select the color, but then sometimes the grain direction is off. I know how to rotate the grain direction in the color library textures, and I know if I had a part that was 100% wrong in grain direction I could either rebuild the part on a different plane, or create a Stainless Steel 2 color rotated 90deg and have that part change to that color when Stainless Steel is selected, but what happens when different faces on the same part have conflicting grain directions? One of my parts is a shell and the front grain direction doesn't match the top grain direction, I don't see any way to manually rotate the grain direction for this particular face.

It would be great if in the properties for any face where it lets you select Color (different, As Body, or As Feature) if it let you also set grain direction (As Body, As Feature, 90 from Body, 90 from Feature).

I guess this is more of an Inventor request and not specifically a configurator request, but it isn't really needed in Inventor beacuse you can manually work around it when you are modeling for yourself, but to work for a customer through C360 these manual work arounds probably aren't practical.

Is there a way to do this that I might be missing?

Thanks,

Daniel

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report