Configurator 360 Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Configurator 360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Configurator 360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change direction of ISO-view

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rikard.nilsson
692 Views, 3 Replies

Change direction of ISO-view

Hi,

I wonder if there is any possible way to change view direction for ISO in C360.
I think it's the same as Home in Inventor, but Home in Inventor is making my design to lay down because of the direction of Z-axis in Home view.
My design is an ETO-design and I know how to make this to work in a client solution. I just create a new template with the directions I want and specify a new Home
I have tried to add set "templatefile" in my Root-design, but that did not help.
Of course I know that I can turn my parts in ETO, but I really would like my design to stand on XY plane and Z axis to point upwards.
Does anyone have an idea?

Regards
Rikard
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bmerton
in reply to: rikard.nilsson

I have had a similar problem in Configurator in the past. I have found that, whatever your Home / Front settings in Inventor, it automatically goes to the XY and YZ planes of the model. I was unable to find any solution other than to constrain your model along these planes in the first place, which can be a pain unless all your existing constraints are perfect. And don't forget to switch off ground and root for all parts before trying this. I have lost countless hours trying to figure out why I was getting constraint errors because of this...

And sorry that no one else seems to have responded to this in three weeks. This board needs some life in it...
Message 3 of 4

One workaround is to use the "snapshot" command.  While signed in as the administrator, open your design on the configuration page.  Rotate the model as desired, then click the "snapshot" command next to the view dropdown (looks like a camera).  The next time you open the design, it will open in that orientation.  

snapshot.PNG

You can manage these via the "Image Album" for the design.

001.PNG

This is not a perfect option, but maybe it will be sufficient for your purposes.

Jon Balgley
Message 4 of 4

Hi Jon,

It's not exaclty the solution for me, but thanks for the tip.

It makes it look a little bit nicer then I open the design..

Regards

Rikard

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report