Configurator 360 Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Configurator 360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Configurator 360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug ? - Drawing Dimension Position

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
MattH_Work
1345 Views, 6 Replies

Bug ? - Drawing Dimension Position

1, Create parameter driven Part

2, Insert Part into Assembly

3, Add Assembly to drawing

4, Dimension drawing as required (ie all dims are 'centred' between extension lines)

5, ZIP all three files

6, Upload - IAM (using skeleton IPT, zipped)

Once end user modifies files using Configurator 360, the drawing can be downloaded as a DWF, this works well as it displays the user's requested, configuration, with up to date dimensions.

However...

All the dims are no longer centred, giving the user a very unprofessional looking drawing. Is there something we can do at the Inventor / upload end of the proccess to keep dimension centred, or would this be considered a bug which Autodesk could / may fix

Regards

MattH

MattH
Product Design Collection 2025
Vault Pro 2025
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
AlexKorzun
in reply to: MattH_Work

Hi,

Please try the following:

• Open the drawing in Inventor,
  • Ensure that the following is set for the Document Options:

options.jpg

• Test that dimension texts appear centered after the geometry changes

If you need to selectively auto-center dimension texts, you will need to use iLogic code in the Drawing.

Thank you,

Alex Korzun
Inventor-Revit Interop / Inventor-Fusion Interop / Inventor ETO
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
jdavis417
in reply to: AlexKorzun

Thanks for the suggested solution... does that have to be set for each drawing and, if so, can Task Manager batch set that?

Message 4 of 7
AlexKorzun
in reply to: jdavis417

Hi

You can use Task Scheduler to update multiple drawings, with the custom task. Example is at

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2011/11/how-to-create-a-custom-task-in-task-schedu...l

You may also use the Inventor VBA to open the drawings sequentially, and setting the property on the document via API.

In both cases, the following is the property to set:

ddoc.DrawingSettings.DimensionTextAlignment = kMaintainCenteredTextAlignment

Thank you,

Alex Korzun
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7
jdavis417
in reply to: AlexKorzun

I'm sorry I didn't bullet or number my questions.  Should I assume (I know, I know) Smiley Tongue that the answer is, "Yes, that property lives in each individual drawing and must be set in each individual drawing"?

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
AlexKorzun
in reply to: jdavis417

You are right, it is a document-level setting.

Thank you,

Alex Korzun
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 7
jdavis417
in reply to: MattH_Work

Alex,

While I'm working toward enabling myself to delve into iLogic, I can't free up the time right now.

I'd like you to consider if this is a common enough need that Autodesk would consider either providing the code to accomplish this or add the capablility to Task Scheduler.  The latter, combined with other, similar tasks would be my preference.

In a previous positon, I would often run 3 computers at once... 2 were using LISP routines to batch through different directories of about 70,000 drawings (if I'm remembering the number correctly).  The point is, I understand the concept but at least I had a standards .dws to enforce... therefore, I could kill it with a shotgun not a laserbeam.  In my opinion, Task Scheduler should be ready to do this type of thing out-of-the-box.

Thanks anyway,

John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report