Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hurray! Generating a g-code file but why is this happening- Screenshots attached

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
t.kittredge
526 Views, 2 Replies

Hurray! Generating a g-code file but why is this happening- Screenshots attached

I was waiting on Cam Support but haven't heard from anyone since my last email so I thought I would try the forum.

I programed a drill op, adaptive roughing and a 2D profile tool path. I am able to post a g-code file the folder I created and placed on my desktop and named it "Fusion 360 G-Codes", When I select "Post" the folder opens, but nothing happens untill I select save. Upon selecting save a secondary window opens. When I close that window brackets opens and it displays the g-code. If I mimimize the brackets file and proceed to the desktop folder, it contains the post as well. The three screenshots are in the sequence that I explained the events. My question is

1- When I select the post button and the folder opens should it not populate with the g-code file prior to selecting "save" as this is not     happening

2- When I select save, with nothing in the folder, the folder closes and a secondary window opens, with a warning.

3- When I close this window  brackets opens and the g-code is there.

It's my understanding that once you select "post", the folder that you are posting to opens, but before you select "save", shouldn' there be something in the folder? Nothing shows up in the folder and when I select "save" the folder closes (still nothing in it). When I check the desktop folder the file is in it. Somebody please enlighten me. Explain the pop-up window and how do I resolve this anomally. It is obvious I am missing something. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jpipe001
in reply to: t.kittredge

This should post in:

C:\Thomas\Desktop\Fusion 360\G-G-Code Files        if that is a valid path.  I would create a folder first and then find that folder with the folder icon on the right.

The file name will be Snow Blower Tool.

Un check "Open NC file in editor"  if you don't want to view the code and just post it.

Check out Post Processor 101.

Hope that helps.

John Pipe

Message 3 of 3
t.kittredge
in reply to: jpipe001

Just wanted to thank John Pipe for trying to help me solve a proble, although the area that was causing all my grief was elsewhere. Jeff and Dave from Cam Support scheduled an on line meeting with me and within a few minutes my problem was resolved and I was back in business. To everyone who tried to help me along the way, I thank you. A special thanks to Jeff and Dave for helping me to correct the issue, which was happening every time I tried to post a code, and in addition I received some instruction at the same time. As I told Jeff and Dave I try to solve problems the best I can, but sometimes I just cannot connect the dots, no matter how hard I try. What I appreciate the most is the respect and patients that were displayed and that I received, while working with these two gentlemen.

Sincerely,

tom Kittredge

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report