Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion Turn Fanuc Post FPR/G95

40 REPLIES 40
SOLVED
Message 1 of 41
bensbenz
6436 Views, 40 Replies

Fusion Turn Fanuc Post FPR/G95

I have tried using Feed per rev mode, but the generic FANUC post output never adds any G95 commands. This is the output I  get from a simple face with that option enabled:

%
O1001
N10 G98 G18
N11 G20
N12 G50 S1600
N13 G28 U0.

(FACE1)
N14 T0101
N15 G54
N16 G99
N17 G97 S1400 M3
N18 G0 X3.04 Z2.
N19 G0 Z0.8296
N20 G1 X3.1131 F0.04
N21 X3. Z0.773
N22 X1.0375
N23 X1.1506 Z0.8296
N24 G0 X3.04

N25 G28 U0. W0.
N26 M30
%

I also tried with another post that was modified for G32 which I have attached, and I get the same result. If I had one that did both that would be great.

Tags (5)
40 REPLIES 40
Message 21 of 41
bensbenz
in reply to: peteymidd

Sorry only tried Imperial, I can only assume metric works.
Message 22 of 41
peteymidd
in reply to: bensbenz

Hi Benz, could you (or anybody) please run this code for me and let me know if it does anything strange. The part should be as below.

2016-03-24.png

Message 23 of 41
bensbenz

I am running linuxcnc now, so I cant do it sorry.

Message 24 of 41
peteymidd

Hi again Ben, so did you manage to find a working post for linuxcnc/fusion 360? I too am making the change and again the PP seems to be a problem?

Pete

Message 25 of 41
bensbenz

The tormach lathe post created by Adam works great, hes a great guy and worked with me on getting it to function with LCNC. You just have to make sure to read the instructions on how your tools should be setup in the tool library. I use the file labeled: 12619_Tormach SlanPRO.2.cps found on page 16 of the thread: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/post-processors/beta-post-processor-for-tormach-15lslantpro-lathe/td-p...

If your going to thread with it I recommend you read a few pages before that one, you can see Adam and I going back on forth on how to make it all work.

Good Luck Smiley Wink

Message 26 of 41
peteymidd

Hi Ben, yes I see you and Adam doing great stuff and it's most appreciated though I still do not understand why autodesk don't do it?

Can I ask what your lathe setup is? I have converted a harrison L6, 3phase spindle with VFD, steppers, BOB and drivers from cnc4you -getting reasonable success with mach3 until I try and bring a part in from fusion and then it goes wrong! So thought i'll change now to lcnc and that's proving to be a bit complicated too!

Going to see if I can get Adam's post to work for me over the weekend.

Cheers

Pete

Message 27 of 41
bensbenz

@peteymidd wrote:

Hi Ben, yes I see you and Adam doing great stuff and it's most appreciated though I still do not understand why autodesk don't do it?

Well if you can get your users to build test and confirm it works for you, why not let them...? Smiley Indifferent Honestly I would prefer they dedicate their time to making fusion better in ways the community cannot help. Also there is pretty good support from the autodesk staff if you cant find help elsewhere, they helped me get a mach3 mill post with 4th axis support a long time ago. I think in this case, we just happen to have a very capable and generous guy like Adam working on the post, so there isn't a need for autodesk to step in.

As for my machine, I have a small grizzly G0602, very simple CNC conversion with a QCTP in the "normal" position. I am also using all CNC4PC stuff, a Teco VFD, with a step and direction spindle control and a homemade encoder on the spindle for threading. Switching to LinuxCNC was a steep learning curve, especially getting my spindle control all working, but in the end it was worth all the effort. There really is no comparisons between LCNC and Mach3 in regards to the lathe, LCNC makes mach3 look very bad.

You can see a lot of stuff I have done with my lathe on my Instagram account, here is some threading on one of the first parts I made after the switch to LinuxCNC: https://www.instagram.com/p/BAVeXtRRzxE/?taken-by=bens.benz

Message 28 of 41
peteymidd

Cool stuff on the instagram! I've added you now.

I made first cuts yesterday with lcnc/fusion using adams post and all seemed good, only a simple grooving part but one thing I can't fathom out is: it generates a G30 Z#5422 at the start and at the end. In my setup i'm using don't go home so don't know how to stop this? Also what's the #5422?

Another thing - had mach 3 threading very well with a single pulese per rev, will lcnc work with the same setup? (when i get to that point!)

Again thanks for helping

Pete

Message 29 of 41
bensbenz

If I recall Adam told me the G30 Z#5422 had something to do with the gang tooling, I see it in my code, but it has never casused me an issue.

As far as threading in linuxcnc with a single index, I am fairly certian it will NOT work. I changed my setup to and encoder disk AND and index pulse before I switched to linuxcnc based on what I read. My buddy Russ (youtube russtuff) tried it with an index only and it didnt work for him so he too had to make his own encoder disk with index pulse.

Message 30 of 41
mgray5

Thank you for putting up this post processor  I have just converted my lathe  to CNC I have been looking everywhere for a post processor that would work  with Mach3 Turn  and fusion 360 I have made one part with it so far it seems to be fine I will make another couple of parts over the weekend and let you know how they go thanks again for your help

regards Mark

Tags (1)
Message 31 of 41
bensbenz
in reply to: mgray5

Great, glad I could help.
Message 32 of 41
Anonymous

Hello,

I am new to my cnc machine and mach3. I have been reading your posts for a couple days now and i am wondering if anyone has confirmed a working Mach3 Turn PP. It would be very help as i would love to use Fusion more! Im just not very well rounded in codeing. I have been following you posts back and forth and i figure i would just ask as i am getting a little frustrated with searching all over and not being able to get any of your suggestions to work.

Sorry for being a nubb and thanks for the help.

Message 33 of 41
mgray5
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Michael yes I have a post-processor that does seem to be working with Mach3 turn I will attach it to this in the setup window set it to type B

let me know how you go with it.

Regards Mark
Message 34 of 41
bensbenz

Hi Michael,

The file I attached to post 15 on this thread is a working post processor for Mach3. I used to to make many parts, threading included, before I switched my machine to using LinuxCNC. Give it a try, it should work just fine for you.

-Benjamin

Message 35 of 41
Anonymous

Thank you very much for the post it seems to work I just ran an air cut to test a drawing. I will get more in depth with it later Thursday evening. And thank you again for the quick reply.
Message 36 of 41
Anonymous
in reply to: mgray5

@mgray5 I do not see the attachment to your PP. It seems Bensbenz has one and from a quick air cut it seems to work pretty decently I will have to test out more in depth this weekend.

I am still surprise that Autodesk has not made a PP for Mach3 turn yet. There was an admin that said there was one in the works about a year ago.
Once again thanks for your quick replies!!
Message 37 of 41
rupertWPLLG

Hi 

Is there any news on the release of a generic Mach 3 Turn post processor?  I am having a bit of trouble with the one kindly posted in this thread.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Message 38 of 41
fonsecr
in reply to: rupertWPLLG

We have this generic Mach3 turning post in the post library:

https://cam.autodesk.com/posts/?p=mach3_turning

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 39 of 41
rmurphyrobert900
in reply to: fonsecr

hi , how do i post or copy the new post process to f360?? been trying to use the fanuc PP , but it seems to have no clue where the part is in the X axis.. Thanks for any info , not many videos out there running mach turn and f360 together.

Message 40 of 41

You need to start your own post, there is a post-processor for mach3 turn it works fine it does for me anyway.

To stick a new post into fusion you put it in your assets folder so data Pannell - assets - CAMPosts  

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report