Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CNC 101

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
al.whatmough
14518 Views, 9 Replies

CNC 101

Below is a 30 minute video explaining the basics of CNC machining:

Take your education a step further and dive into the "CNC Handbook"

What resource do you use to learn CNC?

Running a Haas?  Check out the set of training video Dan did at Pier 9!

[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]

---------
AL Whatmough
Director Product Management - Manufacturing

Note, I love to engage on the forums. However, I spend a lot of time in meetings trying to help clear the path for our amazing team of Developers working on Manufacturing at Autodesk. So, if I don't respond immediately, it's not that I don't care.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

I really like the CNC Book can that be added to Fusion under the cam area?  or maybe to the Help section?Capture.PNG

Timm

Engineer, Maker
System: Aorus X3 Plus V3, Windows 10
Plymouth Michigan, USA
Owner TMC Engineering
Message 3 of 10

Added videos from Pier 9.  I hope they are a help!

---------
AL Whatmough
Director Product Management - Manufacturing

Note, I love to engage on the forums. However, I spend a lot of time in meetings trying to help clear the path for our amazing team of Developers working on Manufacturing at Autodesk. So, if I don't respond immediately, it's not that I don't care.
Message 4 of 10
scottmoyse
in reply to: al.whatmough

I just watched the full series of videos... is there something in the air in Pier 9? They're all insane Smiley Happy

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 5 of 10
daniel_lyall
in reply to: scottmoyse

they need a pier9 in NZ 

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 6 of 10
clive23
in reply to: al.whatmough

Hello 

How do I stop the machine from doing a automatic tool change without have to edit the G-code. I Don't have a automatic tool change.it is doing it right at the  beginning  why does it do it.

I have not  instructed it to do it

thanks 

Message 7 of 10
scottmoyse
in reply to: clive23

Can you start a new thread & provide details about your machine and which post you are using? You might want to consider getting some training & engaging with a reseller to get your post sorted for your machine. Otherwise you can get it sorted here with the help of the community, but you definitely need to start your own thread and provide more detail.

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 8 of 10
clive23

I have got a stepcraft 600 Machine UCCNC post I DON,T have a  automatic  Tool changer  didn't you understand what i an saying 

Message 9 of 10
scottmoyse
in reply to: clive23

@clive23 wrote:

I have got a stepcraft 600 Machine UCCNC post I DON,T have a  automatic  Tool changer  didn't you understand what i an saying 

Yeah I understood what you were saying. Do you want some help? Please start your own thread, with all the details provided. Machine, Controller and which post you have been using. There are several answers to your question and you haven't provided enough detail. Plus this thread is about CNC 101.... not post customisation or about how to use the Fusion 360 tool definition.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
brianrepp

All - we have locked this thread.  To help make sure we can help address your individual question or issue, please create a new thread with enough detail so that we can chime in.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report