Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very sensitive sculpting tools

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mkkoza207
1132 Views, 3 Replies

Very sensitive sculpting tools

Hi!

I have exported my model from 3ds max to Mudbox. After subdividing it couple times I'm trying to sculpt it but for some reason sculpting tools seem to be REALLY sensitive e.g. sculpt brush tool needs to be set to 0.5 (out of 100) and brush size need to be small as well. I figure it might be due to the size of my object so I tried to scale it x100 but the problem persists.

Any ideas resolving this problem would be much appreciated.

It's actually not my first time I have this problem so I'm writing here

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

how small are your objects compared to the mudbox man..? maybe they are to small...
if you work on small details like an ear its not uncommon to use brushes with 0.5 strenght...

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 4

lamp.jpg

The lamp appears so much smaller in Mudbox! Also Stamps work kinda wired too. Should I scale it up in 3ds max first or just scale it in Mudbox?

Message 4 of 4
RobinBall6995
in reply to: mkkoza207

It depends what system unit scale you're using. Mudbox defaults to cms, but Max defaults to inches but displays as unlabelled generic units.

If they're both set to cms then you should find they're the same.

In Max you'd go to Customise> Unit Setup> System Unit Setup to change it. You may then have to scale it to be the correct size.

Don't use the grid as a gauge because it's not necessarily in the same units either. Max's grid can subdivide as you zoom in and out. If you look to the bottom right it should say what units it's in. Grid = 10cms for instance.

Sorry if you already know all this. It can be confusing. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums