Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

version 1.0.6 a lot faster

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
230 Views, 11 Replies

version 1.0.6 a lot faster

Hello guys. I just downloaded and installed version 1.0.6.

Is it just me or this version seems to run alot faster than the previous one (1.0.4). I mean something like 2 times faster. Before I had problems with viewport navigation with meshes 2-3 mil polys. Now I subdivide to 6 mil and without problems. Also subdividing, hiding is alot faster too.
My hardware and software setup is the same 64 bit xp.

Anyone who had the same experience 🙂
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yup more than 2x performance on higher subdivision levels!:)
Message 3 of 12
Christoph_Schaedl

ooh yes much faster... :eek:
----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

Holy Schmoly! the subdiv levels have maxed out ,this is amazing Im having a mesh which is occupying 1.2 gb of my 2gb ram earlier it maxed out at 500mb.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

Same poor performance here. It's a stuggle to navigate a scene a 950,000 poly mesh. Heavens knows why as I've got a 3Ghz CPU, 3GB RAM and 256MB 7800GS - hardly groundbreaking but surely capable of something better than that.

😞
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

So it wasnt just me. Thanks Skymatter 😄
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Same poor performance here. It's a stuggle to navigate a scene a 950,000 poly mesh. Heavens knows why as I've got a 3Ghz CPU, 3GB RAM and 256MB 7800GS - hardly groundbreaking but surely capable of something better than that.

😞

MB heavily depends on the tipe of your graphic card. Have you tried updating your drivers.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

MB heavily depends on the tipe of your graphic card. Have you tried updating your drivers.

Yeah, I am using the latest drivers. No difference unfortunately.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Yeah, I am using the latest drivers. No difference unfortunately.

You can send and e-mail to Skymatter stating you problem. I am sure they have something to say about it.
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Confirmed probable speed-up here as well.

6.3 million visible polys using about 900 MB, and the brushes still fly as if their asses were on fire. I'm pretty sure that the pain barrier was somewhere around or slightly below 4 mill visible on my system with 1.0.4.

Good job there, Skymatter dudes!
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

Mine is running 2 or 3 times faster, thanks a lot Skymatter! I'm on a Dell M70 Precision laptop.
Message 12 of 12
GED12

Seems the same for me 2.3 million seems the limit of decent sculpting for me, 385 MB used. I have a 6800GT though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report