Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Error has Occurred.....

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1117 Views, 1 Reply

Unknown Error has Occurred.....

Community Support,

I just downloaded the Mudbox 2009 Trial. I get the following message any time I try to manipulate an object in any way including the objects you choose during startup such as sphere etc.. It doesn’t matter whether I try to move or reshape the object, as soon as I make a change, I get this error message:

“An unknown error has occurred while performing the operation. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”

The program doesn’t entirely lockup since it let’s me exit by hitting the window close X and I still have access to menus. But I can no longer do anything in the program and I have to close it. It also does not lock up my computer in any way.

This doesn’t feel like a driver issue to me. It apeears to have something to do with User account access since I think it is creating the error when the program trys to store image data/log info onto C:/User..... I am the only user and I have admin priveledges.

I am running:
Vista 32 bit Home Premium
Alienware M15x Laptop
Geforce 8800M GTX Forceware ver. 175.80
Directx ver 10

I uninstalled the trial, de-activated UAC, rebooted but upon the second install, the program did not ask me for a default path for data storage. I found this odd and I received the same error. I also tried changing the save paths in preferences while in the program but regardless of changes I make to the data path, it always reverts back to a C:\User..... path.

I discovered that even with uninstallation, the C:\User folders for Autodesk are still there. So I deleted them manually and tried another install. This time it again asked for a path to store data. I directed it to C:\Autodesk\data hoping to avoid the C:\User directories. Again I had the same error. And upon checking preferences, paths I find that Mudbox is still trying to save data in C:\User....

I really do think this is a User access issue. Very strange since I have numerous other applications with no problems.

I would really love to try out this software.

Just for fun I installed the trial on my 5 year old Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop and it runs ok. This is also why I am convinced this is some wierd User account access issue in Vista. For the record, Photoshop CS3 and ZBrush3 work fine on my Vista system.

Thanks for any help
Allan
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Same for me ... I get that error message with mudbox 2009 AND 2010 .... whatever I do or whatever the file I try to open , I get that same error message :

"an unknown error has occurred while performing the operation.
We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Mudbox 1.0 DOES work thought ....

ATI Radeon card here ...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report