Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending UV Maps

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
149 Views, 1 Reply

Sending UV Maps

Hey guys,

I have a simple human model, and I wanted to try painting the model with multiple UV maps (one for the Face, another for the rest of the body). The idea was to unwrap it once, separate it into a map for the face and another for the body, select the relevant UV map, send the model to mudbox with the specific UV map, paint, and save out the texture, then repeat for the other map. The idea was to have two 4k maps so I could get richer detail.

The problem is that when I send the model to mudbox, it reverts to the original map with all of the UVs in it (not just the face UVs), even when in Maya it's selected as the UV map. So my question is how do I make sure the correct UV map is sent over? Or, I suppose, better question...is this fundamentally a good way to go about things?

Thanks for the help guys! Let me know if there's some details I left out.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RobinBall6995
in reply to: Anonymous

You'll need to look into using UV tiles. Mudbox only supports one material per object, but you can use as many uv tiles as you need.

Basically, put the UVs for the head or the body into the second uv space. 1-2 rather than the usual 0-1 for example and when you create a texture in mudbox it will use a second map for this space.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums