Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red mesh in Mudbox

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1942 Views, 4 Replies

Red mesh in Mudbox

Hi everyone! Two weeks ago I started working on mudbox doing some sculptings. Until today everything worked perfectly but today I've started to find problems with my sculptings. The problem is that actually Mudbox displays every mesh I've sculpted in red colour, I've tried everything to solve it, I've changed the material, the light, I've duplicated the object and turned on every single option from display menu. Finally as a last attempt I've reinstalled the entire program to default settings but the problem still remains. Does anyone knows what is happening with mudbox or how to solve it?

Thanks a lot!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried right clicking the mesh and clicking "Deselect Model?"

It might not be the problem but i thought I'd ask xD

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Finally I've solved it... it was very funny, after a lot of search across tens of forums I've realized that I had the mask activated in the sculpts tab and this was the reason why every mesh where I've sculpted was displayed with a red colour... I feel so stupid but i've spent four hours with this trouble but I'm noob in mudbox and I still have a lot to learn! Thanks and I hope that this will be usefull for other upcoming mudbox users! 

Message 4 of 5
Daf
Advisor

Thank you so much for following up with this! I must have hit the mask icon at some point and was really freaking out as to why my object was red! Smiley Mad

Thanks again! 🙂

3DS Max 2020.3
i7-4790 @4GHz • 32GB • GTX 1080/8GB • Windows 7 Pro
Message 5 of 5
petersen1973

Omigod this was driving me NUUUUUUUUTS. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report