Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Painting multiple objects in one scene?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
DMTee
4628 Views, 2 Replies

Painting multiple objects in one scene?

I apologize in advance if this is a question that has been asked already (I searched for "multiple objects" both here and in Mudbox help and had no luck finding an answer that dealt directly with this ..)

I currently have multiple clothing objects in one scene, with the intent of creating textures that are "color coordinated." I want to paint the common color elements first before I move on to the individual details. For example, I have a top, a skirt, an overskirt, a choker, gloves, etc. Each of these items are UV mapped separately in the 0-1 UV space.

But the problem is ... if I start painting on one object, the strokes show up on other objects in the scene, as if their UVs are overlapping on the same UV map.

Well, it doesn't make sense that I'd have to anticipate which objects I will load in a single scene and then tile the UV's in different spaces. I get where if a single object has multiple UV maps you need to tile them out. But I'm not sure how I can get Mudbox to recognize that these are, in fact, separate objects instead of one.

I must be missing something somewhere ... is there a post or a help topic that covers this in more detail?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RobinBall6995
in reply to: DMTee

You just need to apply a different material to each object. It sounds like they are all using the same default material so if you paint on one texture it's also applied to the other objects.
Message 3 of 3
DMTee
in reply to: DMTee

Thank you! That was indeed the problem!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report