Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paint Layers From Mudbox Get Scrambled When Sent to Maya

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
464 Views, 8 Replies

Paint Layers From Mudbox Get Scrambled When Sent to Maya

Hello

I made an Alien head in mudbox and have been having trouble with ptex paint layers in maya. When I sent the object from mudbox to maya the paint scrambled really bad. then tried assigning new material to the object. I went with Lambert and then I used an Image file Channel_Default Material_Diffuse_u1_v1.tif, which appered to be the right paint layer when I looked at it, and it was scrambled differently. I then made a sphere and added lumps and a paint layer and sent it to maya but that time it worked. I tried painting the head 3 times and each time the same thing happened. I have enclosed 3 pictures, one of the head in mudbox, one in maya, and another after I assigned a new material.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have done some experamenting and discovered that this only happens with objects that I have retopolized in mudbox. This really sucks because I need to be able toretopolize things. I hope someone gets back to me about this because this is really disapointing.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Je thanks for all your help guys, lets not all answer at once. Im being sarcastic of course. I guess my problem must have such a simple fix that no one wants to answer I guess I jusst wont make anything.

Message 4 of 9
absoluteKelvin

you won't get very far in life with that attitude. No one has an obligation to help you. I get your frustration, but it doesn't help the situation. Anyways

heres a tutorial i found from autodesk

http://help.autodesk.com/view/MAYAUL/2016/ENU/?caas=caas/video/youtube/watch-v-etpX2BNnrxo.html

https://www.artstation.com/kelvintam
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: absoluteKelvin

Im not usually so rude and I apologise. I get no one needs to help me. But apparently it got your attention. Thanks for the tutorial (not being sarcastic). Every step of the way I run into problems that seem impossible with this autodesk stuff and it makes me crazy because I know if I had the knowledge I woud be able to  do some really cool stuff. When I said that stuff I had assumed if anyone was going to answer me they would have answered by then. Thanks for the help.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I know your probably not too excited about helping me but I have another question.

I have seen this video before, but when I try to add the text to the RAYRC file I get an access denied message. I went to properties and unchecked read only but that didnt work. I tried going backwards all the way to the program files and I still cant alter the RAYRC.

Thank you

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Also I noticed that my Textures are only scrambled when I have retopolised the object.

Message 8 of 9
absoluteKelvin

Im not familar with using Ptex within maya.
https://www.artstation.com/kelvintam
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: absoluteKelvin

Alright il check with Kelvintam

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report