Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paint layer showing up partially white...help

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
BronerGamesDev
403 Views, 5 Replies

Paint layer showing up partially white...help

Only had mudbox a few days so possibly i am doing something wrong....But as a test case i loaded up the basic sphere. added a material and flooded the layer one color.

Then as ive seen in many videos picked a stamp and another color and began to paint again. Some paint showed up but a bunch of it showed up white.

Ive read sometimes sub divisions cause this but level 0 or level 5 i still get white spots.

Can anyone tell me why?

Specs are

Cintiq Companion tablet  Windows 8.1

Mudbox 2014 Extension and the companion has the intel graphics. I wonder if that is what is causing it.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Update....i was painting a sphere with x mirrored and where i was painting has white marks yet the other side being mirrored was colored perfectly.

Message 3 of 6

ball.png

Message 4 of 6
bhall27
in reply to: BronerGamesDev

Did you ever solve this? I just got a companion and I'm having similar graphics errors while trying to paint in mudbox.
Message 5 of 6
BronerGamesDev
in reply to: bhall27

Sadly No I found out Intel broke it with a driver update and Wacom won't do a thing about it....made the companion useless for me so i sold it and got the big drawing monitor instead which of course uses your PC's video card.

I really wish Wacom had more competition out there cause i would have liked to tell them to piss off lol

The only solution that WAS available to me but is no longer was to roll back your driver to i think the Sept 2013 one...Craig Barr linked me to it...but last i checked was not a valid link anymore. If you can find it, try it. But then you have to stop your tab from ever updating and it causes the wacom updater to always crash during booting...just felt like a 2000 dollar POS after dealing with that.

Here is the link for you even though its dead.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23106&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207...

So IMO you and anyone else using mudbox is screwed, if you can id return it. Go with the android one for less money or one of the bigger monitors for a bit more money.

Or all else fails one of those MS Surface tabs.

Message 6 of 6
bhall27
in reply to: BronerGamesDev

So I was able to get it working so far.  I used the installed Intel Software to get an update, it actually updates all the intel drivers for all the their devices on the Companion, does an autodetect and autoupdate.

So far that fixed the problem thankfully.  Like you said, I was worried I'd have to return the Companion :(.

Thanks again for the help!

Cheers.

Brian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report