Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mudbox displacement map rendering seam artifacts in Vray for Maya2013

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
512 Views, 0 Replies

mudbox displacement map rendering seam artifacts in Vray for Maya2013

Hello all, I'm working on a hand, pulling a 4K displacement map (16bit tiff) from mudbox2012 service pack3, and applying it to its lo-res mesh in Maya2013. Upon render in Vray, I am finding a collection of black artifacts along the seams. Granted there are a few problem areas in the UV map that are creating artifacts, but what is confusing me is the artifacts along the rest of the seam where the UVs are fine. I extracted the displacement map using the subdivision method in Mudbox and it procured artifacts along the entire length of the seam, but when I extracted the same map using the ray casting method the artifacts were incredibly reduced while also losing much of the detail in the fingernails and palm. Not sure if there is a bug in the subdivision method when applying that displacement map for render in Vray, but even with the Ray casted displacement map I am still getting artifacts.

There are many settings in Vray, and I've been tweaking all of them but couldn't seem to find anything that solved my issue. any advice or experience with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report