Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Wax and Foamy tools

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
925 Views, 6 Replies

Issues with Wax and Foamy tools

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced issues using the Wax and Foamy sculpt tools in Mudbox 2015.  They sculp inconsistently, sometimes working in an inverted way and other times projecting the mesh outward (as they are supposed to).  Regardless of whether I'm working on a high sub-division level, or a low subdivision level, the problem persists.  I can't seem to figure out why this is happening, has anyone else experienced this or knows what it may be?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
paulkind
in reply to: Anonymous

By using the control key you can toggle the "invert" function.  Maybe that is what is hapenning?

Areas of Expertise - MayaLT : Mudbox : 3DS Max : Inventor : Game Dev
Follow me on Twitter : @paulkind3d

Please remember to give kudos freely and mark acceptable answers as solved!

PLEASE do not send me private messages unless asked to do so. If you have a question, start a thread, and ask me on the public forums where answering your question may help others.

Did you know there was a YouTube learning channel for Autodesk Games? New videos are posted regularly with all sorts of content relative to Stingray, Maya/MayaLT, 3DS Max, and other game related tools. Get your game on @ https://www.youtube.com/user/autodeskgameshowtos
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: paulkind

paulkind, 

Thank you for your reply!  It's actually happening regardless of whether or not the Ctrl key is used.  I've tried to use the tool under numerous settings, but perhaps there is something going on that I'm just not seeing...

Message 4 of 7
paulkind

check the toggle in the brush options.  make sure its not inverted.  Otherwise try restarting a) mudbox, b) your computer.

Areas of Expertise - MayaLT : Mudbox : 3DS Max : Inventor : Game Dev
Follow me on Twitter : @paulkind3d

Please remember to give kudos freely and mark acceptable answers as solved!

PLEASE do not send me private messages unless asked to do so. If you have a question, start a thread, and ask me on the public forums where answering your question may help others.

Did you know there was a YouTube learning channel for Autodesk Games? New videos are posted regularly with all sorts of content relative to Stingray, Maya/MayaLT, 3DS Max, and other game related tools. Get your game on @ https://www.youtube.com/user/autodeskgameshowtos
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: paulkind

i'm having the exact same problem, i have my 'foamy' tool set as inverted so i can use it to carve in, and my 'wax' brush set to default, to build area's up, as per usual.

But for some reason my 'wax' brush seem's to keep inverting itself for no apparent reason ?! The box to invert the tool isn't ticked, and nor am i holding down the control button neither, so i'm pretty much stumped as i've only just started using mudbox, and have no idea why it's doing it or how to ammend it ?! 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

oh, and i've tried all the usual procedures, restarting mudbox and my p.c.

Thank's,

Ste

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I'm also having this same issue. I use Mudbox for school and this is the second semester in a row now that I've had classes that use Mudbox. I had this same issue last semester when I used Mudbox also. It's very frustrating because I will be trying to build up a layer and everything is going great, then, like others have said, it's like Mudbox auto-inverts the wax tool. I've even tested to see if there was a difference when I held control or not and there was NO difference.

I am using Mudbox 2016 with a Wacom tablet. I have also tried using the mouse and it's the same result.

-Charles

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report