Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing a Camera Projection setup from Maya into Mudbox ?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1838 Views, 2 Replies

Importing a Camera Projection setup from Maya into Mudbox ?

Hi Guys,

I have been trying to work this one out, does anyone know if it is possible to import a camera projection with 3d base mesh that has been created in maya and then imported into mud box?

What I'm trying to do is like the Nuke / Mari workflow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMLLvmsl8Is

Kind Regards
Andrew
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes it is.

I took me a while to figure out and the pipeline is not as smooth as in Mari but since maya and mudbox works almost seamsless is worth using it eventough it has a little tricks to make it work.

You can create a camera placement in Maya and use a Environemnt image to  match you Geo as if you were creating the camera to preject in Mari, after that you can send that camera to mudbox, select the camera inside mudbox in your outliner and see through it, open the + icon right next ot he camera, go to stencil, load your source image for the camera projection and than go to you Paint tools "Projection" and use a big brush to do the paint, it doesn;t ahve a buttom that proejct directly from the camera as Mari does but we can hope they add that in the furute, would be PERFECT!

obs: make sure you model has enough subdvision to do the paint or mudbox will not paint you GEO, for some reason it always paint from the vercites of you mesh in, so if you dont have any vertice in frame in you camera view (though the projection) it wont paint.

hope that works =]

Message 3 of 3
aliasense
in reply to: Anonymous

Is it possible to automate the creation of the Stencil based on the image already included in the image plane of the camera?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report