Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
604 Views, 8 Replies

How

:confused: How do I transfer a model from Maya to Mudbox and from Mudbox to Maya.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

export and import it as an ".obj" file.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

When I export the model as an obj. file and try to open it in Maya i get a message that says "unrecognized file type" Please help!!!:mad:
Message 4 of 9
Testure

You should read the documentation for Mudbox and Maya before making posts like these..

Make sure you actually change the file format in the export options for Maya. You can't just type in ".obj" and expect it to work.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

I tryed to change the format to obj. in Maya but it would not allow me to. I have a personal learning addition of Maya. Could this be the problem?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I'm wondering if by default the 'OBJ' export plugin is loaded in Maya... Have you checked that one?

Jacques.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

I have not checked this. how would i go about checking this:confused:
Message 8 of 9
Testure

PLE won't let you export to obj if I recall correctly. If you're not planning on buying maya, you might want to consider Blender, which is a free 3D modeling application that can export to obj.
Message 9 of 9
djidji,govedina

window ->settings/preferences->plugin manager

then find objExport.mll and activate it...
and yo have to import .obj file , if you use open you will get unrecognized file type error..

good luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report