Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
Murph
Message 1 of 4 (272 Views)

Your lastest survey.

272 Views, 3 Replies
04-17-2012 02:52 PM

OK got an email to take your lastest survey overnight. Today I clicked the link and filled out the answers truthfully. Seeing how I don't post questions in the forums and only read or anwser, how can I rate on how well I recieved an answer to my questions? I haven't posted a question in years in the forums. You either need to filter the emails to users posting questions or provide a "I don't ask questions"  as the first question then ask other questions on anwsering  theads or give the thank you page.

BTW I had to take a few minutes to find the "New Message" button to post this.

Murph
Supportting the troops daily.
Alumni
Jillian.Bejtlich
Message 2 of 4 (259 Views)

Re: Your lastest survey.

04-18-2012 06:25 AM in reply to: Murph

Hey Murph,

One of the other frequent helpful users in this forums asked me the same question when I met him at AU and it definitely got a lot of wheels turning in my head. There's a very distinct group of you that are here to help - so that survey doesn't really apply. So big question is - how do we make it apply? We still want to know stuff like how we can improve the forums, so I don't want to get rid of it entirely but I know changes have to happen!

If you were the one writing a survey for users, what questions would you put on it?

Jillian Bejtlich
Forum Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
*Pro
Jason.Piercey
Message 3 of 4 (256 Views)

04-18-2012 06:36 AM in reply to: Murph

Every question should have a comment section.  I often find that Autodesk surveys are lopsided in the options given as possible answers.  It makes me think the surveys are designed to produce a certain result.  Often I'll simply avoid the survey if it appears to be designed that way.  I figure no feedback is better than false feedback.

*Expert Elite*
Murph
Message 4 of 4 (242 Views)

04-18-2012 04:36 PM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

Jillian.Bejtlich wrote:

Hey Murph,

One of the other frequent helpful users in this forums asked me the same question when I met him at AU and it definitely got a lot of wheels turning in my head. There's a very distinct group of you that are here to help - so that survey doesn't really apply. So big question is - how do we make it apply? We still want to know stuff like how we can improve the forums, so I don't want to get rid of it entirely but I know changes have to happen!

If you were the one writing a survey for users, what questions would you put on it?

If I had went to AU this past year I would of asked too. :smileyhappy:

The way I see it is every thread is started with a question, the replies are either users with the same issue or an user attempting to answer the OP. Why can't you just email the surveys to the users that start a thread. leave out all others.

OR as Jason suggect have a comment section where folks like us can let you know why we didn't find an answer to a question we asked. OR fix it so the like this last survey, when it asked what group I visited it populated the next question with that group name in it. Why not ask "Did you ask a question" then when I check "NO" it goes to a different set of questions as the user that checked "Yes".

Murph
Supportting the troops daily.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.