Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
2,138 Posts
205 Kudos
Post 1 of 4

Your lastest survey.

281 Views, 3 Replies
04-17-2012 02:52 PM

OK got an email to take your lastest survey overnight. Today I clicked the link and filled out the answers truthfully. Seeing how I don't post questions in the forums and only read or anwser, how can I rate on how well I recieved an answer to my questions? I haven't posted a question in years in the forums. You either need to filter the emails to users posting questions or provide a "I don't ask questions"  as the first question then ask other questions on anwsering  theads or give the thank you page.

BTW I had to take a few minutes to find the "New Message" button to post this.

Murph
Supportting the troops daily.
Alumni
341 Posts
29 Kudos
Post 2 of 4

Re: Your lastest survey.

04-18-2012 06:25 AM in reply to: Murph

Hey Murph,

One of the other frequent helpful users in this forums asked me the same question when I met him at AU and it definitely got a lot of wheels turning in my head. There's a very distinct group of you that are here to help - so that survey doesn't really apply. So big question is - how do we make it apply? We still want to know stuff like how we can improve the forums, so I don't want to get rid of it entirely but I know changes have to happen!

If you were the one writing a survey for users, what questions would you put on it?

Jillian Bejtlich
Forum Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
*Pro
1,286 Posts
44 Kudos
Post 3 of 4

04-18-2012 06:36 AM in reply to: Murph

Every question should have a comment section.  I often find that Autodesk surveys are lopsided in the options given as possible answers.  It makes me think the surveys are designed to produce a certain result.  Often I'll simply avoid the survey if it appears to be designed that way.  I figure no feedback is better than false feedback.

*Expert Elite*
2,138 Posts
205 Kudos
Post 4 of 4

04-18-2012 04:36 PM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

Jillian.Bejtlich wrote:

Hey Murph,

One of the other frequent helpful users in this forums asked me the same question when I met him at AU and it definitely got a lot of wheels turning in my head. There's a very distinct group of you that are here to help - so that survey doesn't really apply. So big question is - how do we make it apply? We still want to know stuff like how we can improve the forums, so I don't want to get rid of it entirely but I know changes have to happen!

If you were the one writing a survey for users, what questions would you put on it?

If I had went to AU this past year I would of asked too. :smileyhappy:

The way I see it is every thread is started with a question, the replies are either users with the same issue or an user attempting to answer the OP. Why can't you just email the surveys to the users that start a thread. leave out all others.

OR as Jason suggect have a comment section where folks like us can let you know why we didn't find an answer to a question we asked. OR fix it so the like this last survey, when it asked what group I visited it populated the next question with that group name in it. Why not ask "Did you ask a question" then when I check "NO" it goes to a different set of questions as the user that checked "Yes".

Murph
Supportting the troops daily.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post