Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 1 of 7 (215 Views)

Wingdings and Webdings Fonts

215 Views, 6 Replies
04-08-2014 07:03 AM

I occasionally use the Font Families "Wingdings" or "Webdings" for a strange symbol (like a checkbox) or to aid in crude diagrams (so I don't have to attach an image). It seems these fonts do not appear correctly since the latest forum revisions.

Wingdings test: This should be a series of symbols.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 2 of 7 (207 Views)

Re: Wingdings and Webdings Fonts

04-08-2014 07:34 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

testing. these show up for me.

a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o

p q r s t u v w x y z

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O

P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

ÿ

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 3 of 7 (204 Views)

04-08-2014 07:39 AM in reply to: rkmcswain

I was just testing the browser, which is what I should've done first - they are not displaying correctly in my Firefox browser, but they appear correctly in IE. I didn't think it was a browser issue because all the other fonts appeared to be correct. Anyway, seeing as such a problem can exist I will refrain from using these fonts entirely. Thank you for testing!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 4 of 7 (196 Views)

04-08-2014 08:10 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

You're right, I should have figured that Firefox wouldn't support it (although I would think Chrome wouldn't either, but it does...?)

Anyway, see if this works in Firefox.

☎ ✍ ✌ ☠ ✈ ❄ ♈ ♋ ❖ ⑤ ❺ ✰ ✗ ✓

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 5 of 7 (187 Views)

04-08-2014 08:27 AM in reply to: rkmcswain

That seems to appear correctly. I presume those are unicode characters?

*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 6 of 7 (185 Views)

04-08-2014 08:29 AM in reply to: CADastrophe
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 7 of 7 (176 Views)

04-08-2014 08:46 AM in reply to: rkmcswain

I appreciate that. Though most of these symbols appear similar between IE and FF, I noticed there are some that appear completely differently (none of which are captured in the example image).

UnicodeSymbols.JPG

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!