Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 1 of 10 (303 Views)

Whole slew of first time posters?

303 Views, 9 Replies
02-21-2012 01:21 PM

This is occurring in just one forum I check in on. The Landdesktop forum ... http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Land-Desktop/bd-p/83 ... seems to have about 5 new posts a day, each one from a user with just 1 post. This started a few weeks ago, and has now got me real curious as to WHY this forum, and only this forum (as far as I can tell) is getting this 'influx' of 'new' users. Some of the posts are answering 6 year old posts, but most are just asking a simple question that's been answered many times and a search would give them the results. I've answered a few of the new questions, never to be replied to again. So, are these possibly OLD forum posts somehow now floating to the top?

Curious minds....

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 10 (296 Views)

Re: Whole slew of first time posters?

02-21-2012 01:59 PM in reply to: Jeff_M

Wow. Just glancing through a few of them, they all seem really straightforward and to the point. A lot of them seem similar, but none of them are perfectly. Looking at the posting times, they're maybe coming from the same region? And almost all of them span roughly an hour between the time of registry to the post. Typically 45-55 minutes. Extremely consistent ID's, no punctuation (periods) or caps.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Discussion_Admin
Message 3 of 10 (294 Views)

02-21-2012 02:00 PM in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks we will keep a eye on it.

There have been a few more than usual of late( signs of a growing user base?) but generally replies to old post are not a problem unless the replies are completely off topic.

Discussion_Admin

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 4 of 10 (263 Views)

02-22-2012 02:04 PM in reply to: Discussion_Admin

Though registered for just over two years Rosebm did just this type of thing a few days ago.

Some of the replied posts were several years old.

LT Forum seems to be getting new members, especially some who are using CAD for the first time.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Employee
wrighte
Message 5 of 10 (259 Views)

02-22-2012 02:46 PM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Isn't it nice to quickly identify new forum users :smileyhappy:  (Sorry, couldn't resist).

Eric Wright
Sr. Web Product Manager
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 6 of 10 (254 Views)

02-22-2012 06:18 PM in reply to: wrighte

Maybe they should have flashing lights around thier handles too!

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Employee
wrighte
Message 7 of 10 (241 Views)

02-23-2012 09:32 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Charles_Shade wrote: Maybe they should have flashing lights around thier handles too!

Taking feedback under consideration :smileywink:

Eric Wright
Sr. Web Product Manager
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 8 of 10 (238 Views)

02-23-2012 09:44 AM in reply to: wrighte

Red, err, orange flashing lights with an audio siren/voice over "WARNING! NEW USER ALERT!"

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 9 of 10 (212 Views)

02-28-2012 05:50 AM in reply to: pendean

I'm begiining to wonder if these new users are all Mac users who are now able to use AutoCAD.

Alumni
Jillian.Bejtlich
Message 10 of 10 (207 Views)

02-28-2012 06:50 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

I did a little looking into it and I think it might be a class/group of people using the forums as a resource. Just a hunch from profile data.

Thanks for the quick and helpful answers out to new users though! I'm sure they appreciate it, even if they didn't say so!

Jillian Bejtlich
Forum Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!