Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 1 of 11 (529 Views)

User Image Archive

529 Views, 10 Replies
02-24-2012 08:31 AM

I noticed that when an image is attached to a post, it is added the the posting user's image archive, even if that image is ultimately NOT posted. For instance, if I'm attaching a screenshot image to a post and in previewing it I see that I caught a bit of private information in the shot. I detach the image and reattach the corrected image. The problem is, that BOTH of these are now viewable under the my user profile. I would know to go and delete this image, but not everyone would.

As a test, I inserted an image that reads "THIS MESSAGE WAS NOT POSTED." in this message and then I deleted it before this message was posted. Regardless, you can go into my profile page and see this image there.

I don't know if this will ever be a problem, but I just wanted to bring this issue up as a precaution...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 11 (503 Views)

Re: User Image Archive

02-28-2012 10:03 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

Yes, I noticed this as well as I was going thru my archive I saw that a baby picture was listed in there even though I didn't post it.  Got me paranoid to think what else could possibly have been uploaded accidentally! 

On a side note, I still get the "close window" message after inserting an image in IE9.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Employee
wrighte
Message 3 of 11 (496 Views)

02-28-2012 06:07 PM in reply to: TravisNave

As designed it lists all files uploaded, not just added to posts.  Across the larger platform (we only use forums today), there are other image upload functions independent of forum posts.

You do have the ability to delete images from the library as necessary by checking the box and choosing delete from the Image Options link/dropdown.

You can also add images here independent from adding to forum post.

Eric Wright
Sr. Web Product Manager
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 4 of 11 (481 Views)

03-01-2012 11:49 AM in reply to: wrighte

Stupid question, but deleting from your picture archive doesn't remove the inserted pictures in the forum post, correct?  Just wanna make sure...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 5 of 11 (474 Views)

03-01-2012 12:12 PM in reply to: TravisNave

Oh, yes it does! I did this and the image in the post is now...

NoImage.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 6 of 11 (467 Views)

03-01-2012 12:41 PM in reply to: CADastrophe

Ahhhh!  I will make sure that I do not mess with that then.  Thanks for the clarification as always.

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 7 of 11 (338 Views)

06-29-2012 11:56 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

When inserting an image into a Private Message, the image should automatically be marked as "Private" when added to a user's image archive. Some tend to be more liberal with their information when communicating in "Private", and that may even be the entire reason for the private communication.

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 8 of 11 (334 Views)

06-29-2012 12:34 PM in reply to: CADastrophe

I could not agree more!

Discussion_Admin
Message 9 of 11 (326 Views)

06-29-2012 01:46 PM in reply to: CADastrophe

Even though images inserted in an private message do not automatically become private in your archive making sure they are is pretty easy all that is needed is to click the Hide(Private) box prior to inserting the image in the Private Message as circled in the in the image below

image private.JPG

Here is a screen cap showing the image marked as private in the users archive after the pm went out not automatic but a easy way to assure privacy of the image.

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

test private.JPG

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 10 of 11 (324 Views)

06-29-2012 01:50 PM in reply to: Discussion_Admin

The spirit of a private message should carry through to attachments in that private message and be labelled PRIVATE without additional effort: my 2cents worth.

Otherwise what's the point of calling it a private message then: we might as well have check boxes for everything.

SHEESH!!!

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.