Community Feedback

Alumni
Jillian.Bejtlich
Message 141 of 188 (291 Views)

Re: User Engagement Ideas?

03-21-2012 01:11 PM in reply to: CADastrophe

Hmm... good point. I'll start a new thread once I've had a chance to ask our designer/dev/all knowing friends some questions. It would be nice to start a thread with 'Good news!' instead of just a copy and paste, huh? :smileylol:

Edit: And just added a link on the first page of this thread to Page 7 about the summary.

Jillian Bejtlich
Forum Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 142 of 188 (285 Views)

03-21-2012 01:27 PM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

I'm only on page 4.

Maybe we should remove the post-per-page preference. :smileyvery-happy:

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
PaulMunford
Message 143 of 188 (291 Views)

03-22-2012 06:49 AM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

Here's a couple more:

• Ask your corporate bloggers to read and answer questions in the forums.
  • Ask your corporate bloggers to write blog posts with detailed answers on some of the more common questions.
  • Ask your corporate bloggers to highlight questions and challenge the user community to help via their blogs, and also Twitter/G+ etc

(My apologies if I am repeating anyone - this post has got waaayyy to long to read the whole thing :smileywink:

The CAD Setter Out Blog @CadSetterOut

Inventor Surfacing | AutoCAD | CAD Standards

Please use the Mark Solutions! Accept as Solution or Give Kudos! Kudos functions - Thank you!
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 144 of 188 (241 Views)

03-22-2012 08:39 AM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

Some minor graphical improvements might make things cleaner and appear a little more organized:

ForumGraphics.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 145 of 188 (230 Views)

03-22-2012 09:47 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

Oh yeah! perfectly illustrated.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Alumni
Jillian.Bejtlich
Message 146 of 188 (227 Views)

03-22-2012 09:50 AM in reply to: pendean

Seriously! No questions there on what you want at all, and I like it that way.

I'll have to include some images in the wishlist too since there's been a few great ones posted that are definitely much clearer than words!

Thank you!!!!

Jillian Bejtlich
Forum Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
*Pro
Jason.Piercey
Message 147 of 188 (243 Views)

03-22-2012 11:14 AM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

I think it's great your trying to make this forum more user-friendly.  Many of these display, legibility, and functionality issues were discussed at length when this platform was rolled out years ago, yet it remains as is.  I really hope you are able to do something about it.

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 148 of 188 (207 Views)

03-22-2012 11:48 AM in reply to: sboon

Is there currently any way for users to access some of the more personal profile information on other posters?  I mean that information the person is willing to share of course.  Right now if I pick on someone's name and go to their profile, all I can see is things like number of posts, kudos, solutions... etc.  How does everyone feel about maybe a page that others can access that tells a little about ourselves,... even if it's just a few lines, or a picture... or who we work for.... that sort of stuff.

One of the reasons I bring this up is because of a very suspicious post this morning in the Inventor sectoin.  I reported it, but it could have been helpful to maybe know more about the person who posted it (not that they would likely have put true info on their profile), but it got me thinking along these lines.

It might also help with the "community" feel of this site.  Whatcha think?

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Alumni
Jillian.Bejtlich
Message 149 of 188 (204 Views)

03-22-2012 11:52 AM in reply to: cbenner

I think that's a great idea. A lot of the other communities I belong to let you share something about yourself, and it almost always looks like it ends up being a good thing. I'll add it on to the list!

Jillian Bejtlich
Forum Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Discussion_Admin
Message 150 of 188 (198 Views)

03-22-2012 12:22 PM in reply to: cbenner

At the top of the page by your log on name go to My Settings\Preferences\Privacy

All or none type settings so make sure you check your Profile first found in the same location under MySettings\Personal Profile\Personal Information there is also a section for your Im names also.

Discussion_Admin

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.