Community Feedback

Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 181 of 188 (455 Views)

Re: User Engagement Ideas?

03-29-2012 08:19 AM in reply to: cbenner

The main reason I bring up something like this is I've noticed that once a question is addressed by someone, (not always but sometimes true), no one else looks at the post... perhaps assuming the responder has the situation well in hand.  I thought it would be nice to be able to somehow let it be known that more help is needed. 

I agree constantly tagging the same person would make them nuts... good point.  But do you see where I'm going with this?

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cadtipstricks.wordpress.com//

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 182 of 188 (444 Views)

03-29-2012 08:40 AM in reply to: cbenner

I have seen some posts about installation and hardware in the Revit MEP forum, and I usually give them a link to the appropriate forum, but some of these questions might be better kept in the Revit forum. It would be useful to be able to flag it from there. I imagine tagging in this way a post would function similarly to the 'Report Inappropriate Content' function.

So it would come down to those who would be altered to this tagging. How available do you want to be? Should a user have to volunteer as a contact to add his name to a list for this? Should the alert be PM, email, popup (kidding!)?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Valued Mentor
KerryBrown
Message 183 of 188 (427 Views)

03-29-2012 12:59 PM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

Considering the (lack of) Help System on AutoCAD 2013 I think the changes to this place to encourage engagement will become fairly important. .... engagement of people to answer questions that is. :smileysad:

//-------------------------------------------------------

Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.

class keyThumper<T> : Lazy<T>;      another  Swamper

HempRep
Message 184 of 188 (360 Views)

04-11-2012 01:13 AM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

ideas on how to expand their knowledge would help some people doesn't want to share good tips and ideas that's why the forums are made for ..:catfrustrated:

Alumni
Jillian.Bejtlich
Message 185 of 188 (348 Views)

04-11-2012 06:56 AM in reply to: HempRep

HempRep,

So make it easier to find getting started and learning resources, as compared to feeling inundated with high level material - right? Makes sense to me! Question is... where do you draw the line between beginning material and the more advanced stuff?

I know we've had a lot of users voice one way or another that they come here hoping to find a manual or tutorial of sorts, so I know it's something on a lot of users' minds. I'm definitely interested in trying to figure out how to improve.

Thank you for the feedback!

Jillian Bejtlich
Forum Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 186 of 188 (335 Views)

04-11-2012 09:03 AM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

There are tons of manuals and tutorials, including on YouTube.  The problem is, the customers simply do not search.  I don't know how we reinforce that.  I've created a macro full of search links and sometimes I post that to nudge them in the right direction.

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 187 of 188 (314 Views)

04-12-2012 01:50 PM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

We've all seen many new users post with a question, receive no response, and disappear forever. Being ignored is quite the deterrent for anyone. In an effort to keep them around and prevent some of these posts from slipping through the cracks, I propose an optional feature called "Mark Unanswered".

Basically, the feature would have two independent options:

"Highlight Unanswered".........This would very faintly shade appropriate posts (see below).

"Unanswered to Top"............This would sort these posts before those that are not marked as such.

How a thread is flagged as "Unanswered":

1. Obviously, there are no replies to the post.

2. A user flags it as such. Any user, including the OP could flag it.

3. If the most recent post in a threat is more than 2 months newer than that previous post.

How a thread is cleared of the "Unanswered" status:

1. It is responded to by anyone aside from the OP.

2. The OP clears the flag or Marks a Solution. (Maybe Super Users could as well.)

3. A predetermined amount of time passes.

This may improve overall responsiveness and give the Super Users a more thorough way of catching everyone that needs help. As this feature is intended to be an aid to those answering questions, this feature would be turned off by default.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 188 of 188 (257 Views)

06-03-2012 04:56 AM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

Hi Jillian,

My suggestion for the forum would be while users are able to deliberately select tags and bookmarks, make tags, bookmarks and ones started threads an option to select under their settings so when they select one of these categories just those items come up.  For example; a drop down that says "My bookmarks"  and JUST the threads that user has bookmarked comes up.  Not everything else.

Hope this makes sense.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2014
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.