Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
sboon
Message 1 of 4 (682 Views)

Unable to receive private messages

682 Views, 3 Replies
09-01-2012 10:22 PM

In a recent discussion I was told that someone attempted to send me a private message, but was unable to do so.  Apparently there are two accounts with the same user name, and somehow this created a problem - sorry didn`t get any other details.

I know that I had two accounts under my user name in the past. Am I the only one with this problem, or is there a solution out there somewhere?

Employee
brian.kling
Message 2 of 4 (659 Views)

Re: Unable to receive private messages

09-04-2012 02:44 AM in reply to: sboon

Steve, I am investigating with Lithium; seems you have another profile name "sboon" and even though the "s" there is lowercase, it is considering it identical to "Sboon."  You could login under "sboon" and change your profile name (Edit Account Information > UserID), that would be the quick fix I think, but I am investigating to ensure if this is a bigger issue that we work to resolve it.  Thanks for letting us know ;-)

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
*Expert Elite*
sboon
Message 3 of 4 (643 Views)

09-04-2012 07:50 PM in reply to: brian.kling

Hi Brian,

I tried to login to the old account but I have no idea of the password.  I tried the password reset option but because both accounts are tied to the same address I get a reset email for the wrong account.  Is there any way to simply delete the old account completely?

Employee
brian.kling
Message 4 of 4 (626 Views)

09-05-2012 05:30 AM in reply to: sboon

We have renamed your "old" account from "sboon" to "sboone" so everything should work fine now ;-)

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!