Community Feedback

Distinguished Mentor
steven-g
Message 1 of 4 (190 Views)

Sub forums

190 Views, 3 Replies
11-18-2013 03:36 AM

The new forum page Topic listing appears to only give 3 sub folders, for example 'drafting techniques' and visualization' are 2 topics I used to follow but finding them is not straightforward, in the old system you could collapse some folders and expand others, this is no longer available, I have no reason to look at posts about 'mudbox' etc. but these have been given priority over subjects I find more interesting. Would it not be possible to allow for the collapsing of certain groups. Even being able to arrange the order they are displayed in, after all my login should keep track of unread posts (which it doesn't at the moment) could it not also allow for personal settings such as Topic listing

Regards Steven Gray
Setting Out (Joinery Manufacturing)
Autocad 2013LT
Windows 7 professional
*Expert Elite*
nestly2
Message 2 of 4 (180 Views)

Re: Sub forums

11-18-2013 04:57 AM in reply to: steven-g

+ 1

The new Forum list gives the impression that the (3) subforum displayed are the only subforums in that category.  Even in AutoCAD, it would be easy to assume there are no support forums for AutoCAD2006 and older, causing misplaced posts in one of the 3 subforums that are displayed.

IMO, The categories should be fully expanded to display all the sub-forums, or fully collapsed to the top category. with plus [+] and minus [-] signs.  Ideally, their state would be persistent between sessions.   I'm not a fan of auto-expanding menus, but that would still be a better option than displaying a partial/arbitrary list of subforums.

Community Manager
camilo.lemos
Message 3 of 4 (160 Views)

11-18-2013 06:08 AM in reply to: nestly2

Thanks for the feedback Steven and Nestly.

We'll look into adding the ability for users to collapse subforums they are not interested in and display more subforums for areas they find more important.

Camilo Lemos
*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 4 of 4 (140 Views)

11-18-2013 07:33 AM in reply to: camilo.lemos

Restoring the ability to Float forums would go a long way. In the mean time a workaround could be to open "My Toolbox" and select a favorite forum form Active Areas.

Allen Jessup

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.