Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 1 of 5 (768 Views)

Sorting or filter by different colums in the 'POSTS' view

768 Views, 4 Replies
08-21-2012 11:15 PM

Hi,

I'm used to work in this list to see if any answer was created for one of the threads I participated.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/389680

(when logged in the list of the owner has also the column 'NEW')

Now it's great if the answer comes for the latest 20 or 50 threads, but if any answer comes a week later I often miss them as I don't always turn over to the older pages in this list.

The wish (please!) is:

• either make the list sortable by column 'NEW' so I get the threads with some reaction to top/to first page
  • or let me (others too :smileywink: ) filter to 'NEW' > 0

Would be great! Thx, -. alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Discussion_Admin
Message 2 of 5 (751 Views)

Re: Sorting or filter by different colums in the 'POSTS' view

08-22-2012 07:56 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Alfred,

We will make sure your ideas are passed on.

Until then may I suggest another way to keep up with the threads that you participate to due to the volume of your replies\posts.

Under the My Settings\Subscriptions & Bookmarks\ Options (at the top of the page when logged on) is an option to turn on email subscriptions to the threads that you participate in all you have to do check the box and then any replies to those posts will come to your in box at the e-mail address you have provided.

There are also several different delivery options under the same tab to choose from such as how,what and when things are sent to you. 

These notices( example below) will give you the new post and a link to go straight to the thread and respond to it. There is also now a Reply button at the very bottom of the notice that allows you to respond using e-mail.

Please note that any signature tied to the e-mail account you use will also be added to the reply.

Let us know if you have any questions about subscriptions

Hope this helps
Discussion_Admin

subscription sample.JPG

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 3 of 5 (747 Views)

08-22-2012 08:49 AM in reply to: Discussion_Admin

Hi,

Thank you for you quck reply!

>> is an option to turn on email subscriptions to the threads that you participate

I have already set in my options to be notified anyway. So every new message in any new thread (in my favorite forums) will run into my mail (to a folder where these mails are forwarded to).

If I do now check my answers with that checkbox it's nothing else then to get a notification twice. As long as the mail-subject/-header or the sender--mailadress of these two different notification-types does not differ I can't get them forwarded to different outlook-folders or get them seperated in any other way (at least I don't know one). But if the header of those mails differ, that would also be a great option.

>> There is also now a Reply button at the very bottom of the notice that allows you to respond using e-mail.

As you mentioned the signature is one that I would have to handle then and some formating options like intent for programming code, or image-placement) does not be handled that easy (as the forum-answering UI does).

But thatnk you for the tip!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Discussion_Admin
Message 4 of 5 (743 Views)

08-22-2012 09:26 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

The notices from a post or reply will always have Subscription to Topic in them and the forum notifications have Subscription to Board so they can set up to go to different folders in Outlook.

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 5 of 5 (740 Views)

08-22-2012 09:47 AM in reply to: Discussion_Admin

Hi,

great! I have not searched within the mail-text-content, just to the subject.

That makes it easier.

Thanx! - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.