Community Feedback

Mentor
EnlInt
Message 1 of 29 (938 Views)
Accepted Solution

Problems with functioning of the new forums

938 Views, 28 Replies
11-15-2013 02:19 AM
I have problems with the new forums. It looks like much of the forums does not work for me. For example when writing this post I do not see any toolbars (iboth HTML and Rich Text). Adding attachments does not seem to work. When posting the message all line breaks/carriage returns are gone and whole message becomes one long string. When trying to edit my posted message whjen I click on options (next to my posting) it will just jump to top of the page. -I have used both internet explorer and firefox (latest versions on win 7 sp1). -I tried to switch of all add-ons. -I cleaned caches (both inside fire fox and internet explorer). -I cleaned remaning temp files with ccleaner. -Restarted computer. Problems stay the same. Any Advice?

Problem can be found in blocking s7.addthis.com

My system has a hosts file that is made by MVPS HOSTS this one blocks the s7.addthis.com website;

So look to your Hostst file for s7.addthis.com and remove it.

*Expert Elite*
nestly2
Message 2 of 29 (930 Views)

Re: Problems with functioning of the new forums

11-15-2013 02:25 AM in reply to: EnlInt

No solution, just confirming that I've experienced all the problems you've described at one time or another as well.

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 3 of 29 (891 Views)

11-15-2013 09:30 AM in reply to: EnlInt

I have these but would love to type in Verdana by default.

Bars.jpg

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 4 of 29 (871 Views)

11-15-2013 11:03 AM in reply to: EnlInt

At the bottom of the forums landing page, under Latest Topics, I see a thread that reads "Board: General Discussion" which means little since there are several boards titled "General Discussion" under different products. Perhaps some more info can be provided for clarity?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Community Manager
jessica.t
Message 5 of 29 (866 Views)

11-15-2013 11:16 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments on our redesign of the Autodesk Community. We definitely want to keep improving and with your suggestions we will continue to make our way there.

If you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know.

Thank you again!

Jessica Thrasher
*Expert Elite*
Kent1Cooper
Message 6 of 29 (860 Views)

11-15-2013 11:40 AM in reply to: EnlInt

Another oddity I have discovered:

I went to make a Reply to this message, which contains a Code window with color-coded code in it.  When I picked QUOTE to include the message [though I was planning to edit most of it out and Reply to only part of it], the part in its Code window came in very strangely.  Every colored [blue or red] element in it came in as a separate line, and not in a Code window, and all the non-colored [black] portions in between also came in, but each in its own separate little Code window, many of them containing only a single parenthesis character, between the lines with the colored elements.

I tried more than once, and got the same thing, so I don't think it was a one-time fluke.

Kent Cooper
*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 7 of 29 (855 Views)

11-15-2013 11:50 AM in reply to: Kent1Cooper
Same result here Kent. I'm in Chrome.

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

Mentor
EnlInt
Message 8 of 29 (840 Views)

11-15-2013 03:50 PM in reply to: troma
As a follow up. Now sitting at another computer in another location. It looks like the same as what was happening earlier. At the moment I am typing in the Rich Text editor. Under the tabs "Rich Text", "HTML", "Preview" I do not have a toolbar visible. When with attachments I can press browse and add a document (now Test.txt). But the Add Attachment link does not do anything. I expect when posting this message no attachment will be included. I further expect that all my sentences will be put after another without line breaks. When in the message thread I click on "Options" to edit my post, for example, the page jumps to the top of the page. (No menu visible). So I have tried to use the forums on a computer with firefox and internet explorer (Win 7 UK). Now on another computer with firefox (WIn 8.1)......same problems???? Some links/buttons work (i can enter different forums, can reply and can post) but others does not. Hope that somebody can help as in this way the forums are unusable for me.
*Expert Elite*
nestly2
Message 9 of 29 (811 Views)

11-15-2013 04:43 PM in reply to: EnlInt

@ EnlInt,  I make sure you're not blocking javascript, specifically scripts from addthis.com as I can replicate your problem exactly by disallowing addthis.com.  (FireFox 25.0)

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 10 of 29 (777 Views)

11-15-2013 08:22 PM in reply to: EnlInt

To start, I'm using IE9 and this is minor stuff...

#1. On my profile page, the "Friends" section show twice on the right side, one above the other.

#2. I noticed a discrepancy in many profiles between the Kudos count at the top of some users' Profile Page and the count on the right side under Statistics. Mine is different by 2.

#3. Under Statistics, my Tag count reads 0, but I actually have ~50.

#4. At the top of our Profile Pages, it reports "Solutions posted: ###", whereas I think that should be "Solutions Authored: ###". "Solutions Posted" is shown below, and I think is a display of our own personally started threads that are marked as a Solution.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.