Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 1 of 5 (290 Views)
Accepted Solution

Password Issues - Frustrated.

290 Views, 4 Replies
04-13-2012 04:17 AM

Is anyone else experiencing Password issues?  I have had to reset my password every time I log out of this system for the past week.  SOmetimes, if I don't keep a window open to this site,... I've had to reset it 3 times in one day.  This morning, I reset the password... closed the browser and reopened it.... and the password I had just set 5 seconds earlier was not accepted. 

I opened a case with Customer Service on this, and the reponse I got was this:

Thank you for contacting Autodesk.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.  Please be advised that the system will prompt you to change password regularly as this is a security feature for your  account.

Please be assured that I have also submitted your feedback below to the appropriate channel.

I'm not even sure what that means.... does it mean: sorry for you bad luck, deal with it?  or does it mean they are trying to fix the problem?  I realize that from time to time I may be required to change my password... but every stinking time I try to use this site?

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

It's been going on for a while, they (Autodesk) are all aware of it and are scrambling to fix it based on the exceptionally large twitter feedback they are posting daily.

Subscription downloads are also experiencing issues.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 5 (287 Views)

Re: Password Issues - Frustrated.

04-13-2012 05:17 AM in reply to: cbenner

It's been going on for a while, they (Autodesk) are all aware of it and are scrambling to fix it based on the exceptionally large twitter feedback they are posting daily.

Subscription downloads are also experiencing issues.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 3 of 5 (282 Views)

04-13-2012 05:37 AM in reply to: pendean

Well, thank you!  I've been asking for days and no one would say it was a known problem... I thought I was losing my mind and my memory... I didn't think even I could forget THAT many passwords in one day.

Thanks to Jillian, as well, for trying to help me out with this despite all of her other labors.

ChrisB

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

Alumni
Jillian.Bejtlich
Message 4 of 5 (266 Views)

04-13-2012 11:21 AM in reply to: cbenner

Yeah, sorry. I just found out yesterday afternoon it was a known issue as well. The folks behind the Twitter account let me know they were seeing more volume than usual on it, so it turned out it wasn't isolated to just you.

And let me just say - that's a good thing. Trying to figure out why just YOUR computer won't let you in is a headache. I was there last week and told IT my computer was very close to learning how to fly out a 4th floor window. :smileytongue: (Turned out to be massive amounts of firewalls that my computer, and only my computer, decided to chill out behind - awesome)

There *should* be a resolution soon. These types of problems don't tend to hang around long once we know they're there.

Jillian Bejtlich
Forum Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 5 of 5 (250 Views)

04-16-2012 05:13 AM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

I was picturing something more along the lines of the infamous printer scene from Office Space.... we have a lot of open property out behind our building, and I'm sure I could find a length of steel pipe somewhere...... since that's what we do.  :smileyvery-happy:

ChrisB

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.