Community Feedback

Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 21 of 33 (434 Views)

Re: New visitors missing the correct forum

04-25-2012 07:37 AM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

Regarding the AutoCAD LT issue: Shouldn't there be a way to provide a listing for Dynamic Blocks in both the general AutoCAD and the AutoCAD LT forums? I bet it would be simple to have a listing in the LT forum just navigate to Dynamic Block under the AutoCAD forum. The problem I see is that once a user follows that path, the breadcrumb path at the top would no longer be rooted from LT. (At least, that's what I imagine would be the case...)

For instance:

from Autodesk Discussion Groups > AutoCAD LT

user clicks Dynamic Blocks and the path would now read:

Autodesk Discussion Groups > AutoCAD > Dynamic Blocks

Also, does anyone think that it would be good to have a listing for Installation within the general forums as well, such as under Inventor? This would navigate back to the main Installation & Licensing forum, of course.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 22 of 33 (429 Views)

04-25-2012 07:40 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

I agree completely.  There's no reason the bracket has to remain rigid.  You can link back from Inventor to the Installation foum and it would make perfect sense.  In some forums, this is done with a sticky post at the top stating to go to the Installation and Network Licensing forum.  So it's already being done.  Might as well make it official.  :smileyhappy:

If I were new here, and I couldn't install Inventor, where would I probably look first when I see a whole forum of product links?  With blinders on to the rest of the products I'd ignore, I'd look right to Inventor.  *Click*  Then what?  Post an installation question?  Ooops.  It either gets lost in the shuffle or gets moved by a Administrator.  This happens all the time.

But if I clicked Inventor and then saw, Installation... bam.  I'm right where I am supposed to be. 

I think that is true for any topic. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 23 of 33 (423 Views)

04-25-2012 07:57 AM in reply to: TravisNave

That's what I've said twice now! :smileyvery-happy:

Common issues should have those Forums listed on the OP's most used Forum.

These can all be the same Dynamic block, or Installation Forum they just have 6 or 10 doors that open to them and not just one.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 24 of 33 (418 Views)

04-25-2012 08:01 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Charles,

You mean you have said the same things on the discussion forums over and over again?  I find that very hard to believe.  :smileylol:

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
*Expert Elite*
MarySeufert
Message 25 of 33 (409 Views)

04-25-2012 10:49 AM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

I have a suggestion for getting the post in the right forum to begin with...

Upon creating a new post, the user is asked before typing anything which AutoCAD release year and flavor they are having an issue with. Whether it is a installation, customization, plotting or general issue. On the back end of the DG system it would re-route the post to the correct forum if they are trying to post in the wrong forum. It should also tell the poster that the message is being moved, so hopefully they are more aware the next time they post a question. On the front end, the product year and flavor should be listed for everyone else to see. This would end the "what product and version are you using" replies! I don't think reorganizing the forums will end the errant poster.

As far as reorganizing the forums... I would keep the wishes forum for each main product (ACAD, C3D, Revit, ACA/MEP). Keeping what we want from our products from what we have a problem with make sense, even if it is ignored and not often posted in. Combing ACA and MEP will benefit MEP users, since it is somewhat a vertical of ACA. I would put Structural detailing in the ACA/MEP group as well. I wouldn't retire ACA customization, it still has good threads on a regular basis. I would like to see the archived forums under their appropriate product group. I agree with having quick links in each vertical group to the more basic AutoCAD forums.

Just my 2 cents! ~ Mary

CADastrophe
Message 26 of 33 (403 Views)

04-25-2012 11:05 AM in reply to: MarySeufert

Very similar to what you've described, I posted something like this in a previous post.

Regarding Wishes, a discussion forum does not support a wishlist well. There would have to be a specific, separate system for that, otherwise the poster may as well be talking to a wall. So, posting there is kinda like venting, in a way.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Alexander.Rivilis
Message 27 of 33 (391 Views)

04-25-2012 11:06 PM in reply to: dgorsman

dgorsman wrote:

ObjectARX should be thrown under the same grouping as dotNET (.NET), as it is pretty much "the same, only more so".

ObjectARX have to remain at the place where it is now. IMHO.

Пожалуйста не забывайте про Утвердить в качестве решения! Утвердить в качестве решения и Give Kudos!Баллы
Please remember to Accept Solution! Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Kudos

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 28 of 33 (376 Views)

04-26-2012 06:05 AM in reply to: MarySeufert

I want to see the following out on their own somehow, not under AutoCAD or LT or anything else:

print-plot

dynamic blocks

drafting techniques

pointing devices-displays

hardware

Visualization

Installation/Licensing

CAD Managers

Express Tools

And yes, I agree with others, the time has come to start Archiving many forums.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 29 of 33 (369 Views)

04-26-2012 08:59 AM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

Autodesk Inventor

• Autodesk Inventor 2009
  • Autodesk Inventor 2010
  • Autodesk Inventor 2011
  • Autodesk Inventor 2012
  • Autodesk Inventor 2013
  • Autodesk Inventor Customization
  • Autodesk Inventor Publisher  
  • Autodesk Inventor Engineer-to-Order

Or maybe only back as far as 2010 now that 2013 is out?

So far I like the list, looks pretty good.  Fusion could be lumped under Inventor as well if you wanted to keep it.  Good job Jillian!

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

kjknj
Message 30 of 33 (334 Views)

06-03-2012 01:20 PM in reply to: pendean

I have found the correct forumns.  However, at this time i do not see any tools to add a new topic.  Where are they or hwat am I doing wrong?  Help...thank you

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.