Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 1 of 33 (1,064 Views)
Accepted Solution

New visitors missing the correct forum

1064 Views, 32 Replies
04-23-2012 01:33 PM

We need to help these folks find what they need quickly: when is a revamp scheduled to at least pull print-plot out of the hole it's deeply buried in under AutoCAD forums? OMG, 10-years and counting and it still is illogically buried like no one else needs to print or plot using these various software packages.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS

Does anyone know the process thru which someone finds their way here to begin with?

From other answers in a similar thread in this Forum it would seem to me that most new members, and even some who have used the forum for a while, do a Google search and go to the first Forum hit with a similar thread to their issue.

There are Full users who post in the LT Forum and the only thing I can think is from Google hits.

Most misses I see are posted in this Forum and need to be redirected by the moderators but I do not wander too far from LT and DynBlocks.

Alumni
Jillian.Bejtlich
Message 2 of 33 (1,059 Views)

Re: New visitors missing the correct forum

04-23-2012 01:36 PM in reply to: pendean

Dean,

I have a massive list of moves, merges, annhilations, and renames I want to suggest, so perhaps I should run it by some users first. I need to clean it up some and need to really really stress it's an idea. Totally still in the brainstorming-maybe-someday-who-knows status.

Anyone interested in seeing it? I could use some feedback.

Jillian Bejtlich
Forum Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 3 of 33 (1,046 Views)

04-23-2012 05:55 PM in reply to: pendean

OMG? Now that's exasperation!

How about up where it has the |Purchase |Support |Community dropdowns, an oft buried frequently used list of Forum choices?

Or if you clicked on the LT Forum from the Discussion Groups main page you also got the AutoCAD Topic Specific list as well that is under the AutoCAD General Forum.

For that matter all the other Forums should have that list on its main Discussion page as well.

(I know there are bound to be proper names for each of the pages but I have no clue what they are.)

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 4 of 33 (1,034 Views)

04-24-2012 05:55 AM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

Jillian.Bejtlich wrote:

"I have a massive list of moves, merges, annhilations, and renames I want to suggest...

...Anyone interested in seeing it? I could use some feedback."

I'm curious to see...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 5 of 33 (1,027 Views)

04-24-2012 07:44 AM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

I'd love to see it.  Hey,... how about Sub-Forums for specific releases of the Software?  With a generic top level of course.  I've seen that on other forums, and it may help people find help for the specific release they use.  It might also help with the folks who post a question but do NOT say what release they use,... so we have ot clarify that.  In a lot of cases, the answer depends on that info.

Just a sort of "things that make you go hmmm" idea.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Valued Contributor
derrickmoore
Message 6 of 33 (1,020 Views)

04-24-2012 08:46 AM in reply to: cbenner

You should also move Hardware out from under "Getting Started"

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 7 of 33 (1,010 Views)

04-24-2012 10:25 AM in reply to: derrickmoore

Agreed.  There doesn't need to be a 'Getting Started' at all.  When the Network Licensing forum was pulled out from under AutoCAD years ago, its participation exploded.  I'd just have it out in the main drag along with Printing/plotting, and Hardware. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 8 of 33 (1,009 Views)

04-24-2012 10:25 AM in reply to: cbenner

Full still does so by Release

LT used to but is now one Forum

Most of the other "biggies" are consolidated.

I'm good with the consolidation as there is only one Forum to go to instead of 6 or 10 to look at.

Though you do need the poster to let you know the version they are using.

And this thread was started because of posters not being able to find the right Forum let alone Version.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 9 of 33 (1,004 Views)

04-24-2012 10:29 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Absolutely.  I don't know how many times I traverse to the correct forum just to grab the link so I can go back and post a reply that states, "Go post here instead."

Of course, the evil dictator side of me wants it to be required to read the forum rules first and also do a search before any new first time post user can start a thread.  Ha! 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 10 of 33 (992 Views)

04-24-2012 12:40 PM in reply to: TravisNave

Does anyone know the process thru which someone finds their way here to begin with?

From other answers in a similar thread in this Forum it would seem to me that most new members, and even some who have used the forum for a while, do a Google search and go to the first Forum hit with a similar thread to their issue.

There are Full users who post in the LT Forum and the only thing I can think is from Google hits.

Most misses I see are posted in this Forum and need to be redirected by the moderators but I do not wander too far from LT and DynBlocks.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.