Community Feedback

Community Feedback

*Pro
ampster
Message 1 of 18 (478 Views)

misplaced product issue posts in this forum

478 Views, 17 Replies
07-05-2012 09:17 AM

what about the idea of not just moving the mis-placed posts to the correct forum, but also providing information to the OP about where to locate the correct forum for their questions?

Or maybe provide a link to a video or something when someone registers showing them where to find the correct forums that they have to complete or go to before they can post here?

Or is there already something going on in the background which we don't see here attempting to show where people should post?

Just some ideas

Discussion_Admin
Message 2 of 18 (473 Views)

Re: misplaced product issue posts in this forum

07-05-2012 09:49 AM in reply to: ampster

ampster wrote:

Or is there already something going on in the background which we don't see here attempting to show where people should post?

Already happening.
We currently use the pm system for this after we move a post.

Thanks
  Discussion_Admin

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 3 of 18 (449 Views)

07-10-2012 02:36 PM in reply to: Discussion_Admin

Forgive me the 2-minute clumpsy graphics, but how about this for a truly final cure to this ongoing problem? See attached.

Let's do it already, we've talked about it long enough.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Discussion_Admin
Message 4 of 18 (435 Views)

07-10-2012 03:19 PM in reply to: pendean

Dean,

I'll pass along your suggestion(Jillian has probably already seen it) as there will likely be a rework of the front page in the future.

In actuality there are not that many more misplaced posts here than some of the product forums.

It just stands out more due to the lack of volume here and our follow up with users after moving a thread does seem to work as repeat misplaced posts are rare.

Discussion_Admin

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 5 of 18 (433 Views)

07-10-2012 03:21 PM in reply to: Discussion_Admin

I know, I think I flag my share in other forums too. Hope this happens soon.

chakwenya
Message 6 of 18 (424 Views)

07-11-2012 07:32 AM in reply to: ampster

How do I then get to the revit forum to get help? its two days on one question

Discussion_Admin
Message 7 of 18 (419 Views)

07-11-2012 07:49 AM in reply to: chakwenya

The Revit home page is here.

Your post was moved to this location .

This is a peer to peer forum and people freely give their time to help out fellow users this can naturally take some time to get a response.

However since you are on subscription and no one has replied to your post it was escalated this morning and you should be hearing from someone today.

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Alumni
Jillian.Bejtlich
Message 8 of 18 (416 Views)

07-11-2012 08:05 AM in reply to: pendean

Dean,

One of the suggestions we were given from the folks who designed this forum was to change the name of this forum from "Autodesk Disccusion Groups Feedback" to something like "Suggestion Box". Why? Right now it kind of attracts all sorts of feedback while we're really hoping to spur suggestions (like yours).

The other recommendation was to move it to the complete and utter bottom of the list of forums if we intended to keep it in the list. I'm still unsure about that, but I like your idea of moving it off to the side.

And finally, cleaning up the forum list overall should help significantly. That change is coming soon as well.

Thanks for your input. Always appreciated!

Jillian Bejtlich
Forum Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 9 of 18 (408 Views)

07-12-2012 05:44 AM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

Change the name if you wish, that's a good one. but it's more important to move it away from the other links on the page that lead to actual forums for HELP.

I believe the only reason folks click on the link here is it's at the top and readily available in this day and age of "I'm too rushed and overwhelmed to stop and read before I click" society.

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 10 of 18 (406 Views)

07-12-2012 05:55 AM in reply to: pendean

You could put a "HELP FORUMS" page in it's place that is intended to attract the attention, and it would merely a page full of links to the other forums, and a single giant question: What program are you using?

To walk the frantic user to the right forum, it would first force him to choose a basic program (i.e. AutoCAD, Revit, NavisWorks) and then it goes to another page to show the relevant forums.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.