Community Feedback

Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 1 of 5 (1,236 Views)
Accepted Solution

Is this going to mess up my login, again?

1236 Views, 4 Replies
05-22-2012 08:10 AM

Email from the "Autodesk Feedback Community" about:

Notification about the upcoming transition to Autodesk Single Sign On

I'm seeing another log-in mess brewing. Is this going to affect my log-in here, and my alternate ego log-in with Subscription? Two separate email accounts so it should not, but the last time I did not ask I had to recreate everything from scratch.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Alumni
Jillian.Bejtlich
Message 2 of 5 (1,231 Views)

Re: Is this going to mess up my login, again?

05-22-2012 08:19 AM in reply to: pendean

That was my first thought as well, so you aren't alone!

From what I know and have been told, the changes shouldn't affect the forums because the forums are already part of Autodesk Single Sign On. This is more aimed at the beta side of things ('Autodesk Feedback Community') as they weren't part of that up until now. The goal is to eventually make it so a user can come to the Autodesk domain and only have to remember one username and password, instead of a bunch.

If I know of any potential issues, I will absolutely let everyone know. Promise!

Jillian Bejtlich
Forum Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Employee
wrighte
Message 3 of 5 (1,228 Views)

05-22-2012 08:23 AM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

I've asked internally for clarification on any account migration plans.  That's what caused some of the confusion when we migrated legacy forum accounts/identities to Single Sign On accounts a few years back.

Eric Wright
Sr. Web Product Manager
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.

Employee
VolkerJoseph
Message 4 of 5 (1,220 Views)

05-22-2012 08:55 AM in reply to: pendean

Thank you for your feedback.

There is no need to change your single sign on details. As a matter of fact, I would recommend not to change your email account related to Autodesk subscription etc. Instead, you should update your account in the Autodesk Feedback Community and be sure that both accounts have a matching email address. There is no need to update the user name.

The call to action was mainly for those that do not have an SSO account yet. Users who fail to create an SSO account with matching email address by the end of today (5/22/12), will have to create a new account in the Autodesk Feedback Community.

Once the migration has been completed, your SSO username and password will be the credentials you want to use to access the Autodesk Feedback Community.

Please contact me directly should you have any follow up questions (volker.joseph@autodesk.com).

Thank you.

Mentor
Steve_Johnson
Message 5 of 5 (1,140 Views)

06-17-2012 08:34 PM in reply to: VolkerJoseph

I'm finding that since this change, I'm having to keep signing in every time there and every day here. "Keep me signed in" doesn't work either here (permanently) or the other place (at all). This is, however, a relatively small drawback compared with other problems in both places.

Steve Johnson - blog nauseam - ClassicArray
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.