Community Feedback

Valued Mentor
vector2
Message 11 of 18 (346 Views)

Re: How Postings, Kudos and correct answers Equate to Rankings

05-31-2012 03:42 PM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

I think metrics are okay

As an example with the number of posts and solutions, solutions didn't really
become established until recently and many still don't use that.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 12 of 18 (311 Views)

06-01-2012 08:03 PM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

Hey Jillian,

What is AU?

Also, I was looking forward to getting a response to my last posting dated 5/25/2012.

If there is an easy way I am over looking I sure would like to know what it is.  :smileywink:

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2013
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Alumni
Jillian.Bejtlich
Message 13 of 18 (306 Views)

06-01-2012 08:43 PM in reply to: Cadmanto

Cadmanto,

Ah! Sorry I missed your post. Didn't mean to. :smileyhappy:

Alright, so bookmarks and tags. In these forums, bookmarks are anything you subscribe to. If you post in something, respond to another post, or use the drop down 'Subscribe' (look at the top of the thread for Options) these all show up under your subscriptions/bookmarks. This can get rather messy, but sometimes it's nice to know everywhere you've had some involvement or want to keep a watchful eye.

Now, if you want to see all your posts and just your posts, go on over to your profile (click your name at the top of the page). This shows you all your replies and started threads. I'm not sure how often users actually utilize this list, but as Community Manager - it's huge. As for tags, there's no way (currently) of seeing what you tagged. You can see tags you used and do an overall search for other places that tag was used, but no way of keeping it to just you. Might be a good thing to add in the future, so good thinking!

As for AU... AU is Autodesk University. Check out au.autodesk.com for more info. It's basically a week long (well, 3-4 days) get together in Las Vegas of tons and tons of Autodesk users for ALL products held by Autodesk. Users and employees submit classes to teach, and in the end it's just a massive learning and networking event. If you can join us one of these years, we'd love to see you there!

Hope all that helped some! Feel free to chuck any suggestions you got my way. We already have quite the thread going at http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Discussion-Groups/User-Engagement-Ideas/td-p/3365049, so feel free to add on to it.

Have a great weekend!

Jillian Bejtlich
Forum Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 14 of 18 (289 Views)

06-02-2012 04:57 AM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

Thanks Jillian.

Sounds like AU is like what I attended for Solidworks when they do Solidworks world.  Which is a place (different every year) where users all over the world gather to attend learning sessions (taught by SW employees and users) as well as vendor fairs.  When is it held?  I would love to come sometime.

I will post on that thread link you provided, but I can tell you the bookmarks (which I deliberately select) and my postings as well as what I respond to should not be all lumped together.  One should be able to select from a users dropdown see there specific bookmarks, their started threads and their tags.  All bringing up specialized lists.

I will post this on that thread.  Thanks for getting back to me.  :smileyhappy:

Ok, I guess what I suggested here is going to have to be it.  I tried your link and it came up with this error message.

error.jpg

You have a great weekend as well Jillian.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Valued Mentor
vector2
Message 15 of 18 (276 Views)

06-02-2012 11:25 AM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

Jillian.Bejtlich wrote:

"that metric will be added in soon"

Here would be the best metric.

For example in the Revit forum, who understands Revit

and is able to communicate and help others solve their

problems.

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 16 of 18 (272 Views)

06-02-2012 05:18 PM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Alfredo,

I agree with you.  While I have not been a part of this forum for very long, that is one of the first things

I noticed.  The solutions don't get registered anywhere.  I might be wrong, but I am wondering if users here get confused as to the value between Kudos and solutions.  Also I have seen where nore then one response can get marked as the solution.  I think that is awesome.  I believe that kudos should be given to not necessarily the correct answer, but rather to someone that offers advice or feedback that assists in the problem solving.  Both Kudos and correct answers or solutions should factor into the metric Jillian is talking about.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Alumni
Jillian.Bejtlich
Message 17 of 18 (265 Views)

06-02-2012 06:28 PM in reply to: Cadmanto

Hmm... good discussion!

So accepted solutions are kept track of. They're under your profile as well, but it's just the number. I can see what accepted solutions you're responsible for, but that's not functionality you folks have (easily... yet). Accepted solutions play a huge role in ranking as it's one of the ways of verifying that you're a helper and not a hinderance. In the new ranking system we're rolling out soon, accepted solutions will become even more important. I'm not saying how important or how big, but trust me. Important. (And before anyone start scheming of ways to fudge the numbers, there's safety mechanisms in place... and there's always me). :smileylol:

Kudos in the past haven't been a huge deal around here, but after looking over everyone's numbers for months and months on end, I've found some good medians that will act as yet another safety mechanism for being a helpful user. As for who gets kudos, hand them out like gold stars. See someone doing a good job? Being nice? Made you laugh? Really awesome answer/suggestion/comment? Give 'em a kudo.

So do kudos and accepted solutions factor into my metrics? Heck yes. There's other metrics too... but I can't elaborate. :smileyembarrassed:

Oh, and Cadmanto - that was just a timeout (usually). Try heading over the page again. Or just scroll down to the biggest thread on this Feedback forum (this forum).

And Vector2 - This whole metric thing is the mathematical way around measuring who understands the product and is capable of relaying an accurate and helpful message to other users. As much as I wish it were possible for us to read, check, and verify every post - I have to give in to analysis and trust my users to make great decisions (which I'm happy to do).

Jillian Bejtlich
Forum Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 18 of 18 (262 Views)

06-02-2012 06:53 PM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

Thanks Jillian.

I can't wait to see what you are going to be rolling out.

I know I may not always have the right answer and at times I have the absolute wrong answer, but what I do know is I learn from my wrong answers on how to use the subject matter correctly.  :smileyvery-happy:

Also, I finally got the link.  The problem was it was including the comma at the end as part of the address and erroring in the process.

Jillian, you are so bad to deal with.  You make this forum kinda fun!!!  :smileytongue:

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.