Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 51 of 55 (358 Views)

Re: First impression

06-14-2010 10:26 AM in reply to: ACADuser

Your asking what I want? What I would like is a forum that lets us ask questions and get good answers with the least amount of pain. I could field the quote "If it aint broke. Don't fix it". But I don't think that's appropriate. I like new things. Anything that saves me time or lets me do something that I couldn't do before is something I'd probably consider a good thing.

[Funny. a pink banner just papered above this post "Message Not Found The message you are trying to access is not available." Did we get deleted?] Yup. We must have been very bad!

But change solely for the sake of change doesn't attract me. I don't care if this or that is the latest and greatest. I care if it can do what I want it to do as well or better that I could do before. The answer is often yes. (or else I'd still be using R12).

I know you were just kidding but I felt myself float up and my feet plant firmly on a soap box. I'm sure that most of what we see as problems will either be resolved or we'll just get used to them. But I see too many people who may not be around anymore. In most cases their expertise far outweighs any improvements to the forums.

Allen

ACADuser wrote>

Are you sure thats what you want ?  "Allen - Admin questions should go to the following discussion group. If Nobody's answer wasn't all you needed, please repost to Admin."  j/k

ACADuser
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic" - Jack Handey

Distinguished Contributor
sssteve72
Message 52 of 55 (349 Views)

06-14-2010 10:41 AM in reply to: DaveDrahn

DaveDrahn wrote:

Topic at the top of my head #38: why not have the Post button somewhere where you don't haver to scroll down to find it?  Like maybe where the Reply button was? eh? 

Just out of curiosity can you elaborate on this?  I see a reply button after each and every post plus a reply button at the top of the discussion and when looking at a list of discussions there is a button at the top.  Actually at the end is the only place I didn't see one.

Custom Build with Win7 Pro 64Bit SP1
Gigabyte Tecohnology Co. X79-UD3
3.60 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3820
16GB GSkill Ripjaw Z PC3 2133 PC17000
PCI-E ATI FirePro V7800 2GB 256bit
ATA SanDisk SDSSDX24 SCSI Disk Device (256 GB)
Dell 2001FP and (2) 2407WFPHC Triple monitor setup

Question - Are you the Common Denominator?
Distinguished Contributor
ACADuser
Message 53 of 55 (334 Views)

06-14-2010 11:09 AM in reply to: AllenJessup

I understand where you are coming from. And completely agree that those with expertise who have contirbuted over the years will be missed if they don't come around as much anymore.

When I get frustrated I try to deal with it using humor and I usually over do it heavy sarcasm.  This sometimes causes others to misunderstand me and occasionaly gets me in trouble.  So yeah I was just kidding when I replied to your previous post which apparently was deleted.  <start sarcasm> I guess you have to be carefull what you ask for cause you just might get it :smileywink: <end sarcasm>.

Admin, no disrespect here - guess I need to walk a mile in your shoes.  Keep up with the improvements.

ACADuser
Civil 3D 2015, Raster Design 2015
Windows 7 Enterprise
Dell Precision T5500 Workstation
Dual Quad Core Intel Xeon 2.53GHz Processors
24GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX 4800 1.5GB
DUAL 27" Dell UltraSharp U2713HM
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 54 of 55 (297 Views)

06-15-2010 08:13 AM in reply to: AllenJessup

Apparently there is a VLX for that LOL, see attached.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 55 of 55 (263 Views)

06-16-2010 06:50 AM in reply to: pendean

I'd like to reply to that but I'm gobsmacked!

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.