Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
Lee_Mac
Message 51 of 82 (403 Views)

Re: Feedback on new look of forums

12-13-2013 01:53 PM in reply to: nestly2

nestly wrote:

lesleys wrote:

Something I would like to have been incorporated would be a "preview" of a post.

When you see a post with one word in the subject line it would be nice to hover over the post & get an idea of what it actually is about. You could then decide if you wish to read it or not, for example a subject line that just says HELP does not tell you very much.

This works with other forums so is possible.

I see this feature has now been implemented.... LOVE IT!

I really don't - is there any way to disable it?

Lee Mac ProgrammingTwitterExchange App StoreDropbox (500MB free)
Expert Elite
With Mathematics there is the possibility of perfect rigour, so why settle for less?
*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 52 of 82 (377 Views)

12-16-2013 01:19 PM in reply to: Lee_Mac
I'm with Lee on this. An opt out, please?

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

Distinguished Mentor
BlackBox_
Message 53 of 82 (309 Views)

04-09-2014 10:19 AM in reply to: Discussion_Admin

This may have already been mentioned, but the thread icons are confusing....

Specifically, when subscribed to a thread it clearly shows this with either this [  ], or this [  ] icon (both of which I like), but when a post in that same thread is accepted as solution the icon changes to [  ], which in no way indicates that I am even participating in, or subscribed to that thread.

This has happened to me several times recently... I first looked over to the far right to see the 'new posts' column, then have to try and recall how many email notifications I've received while working, and then try to recall how many of those were for this forum, and that thread, and then make an educated guess as to if a low 'new post' count thread is one I am subscribed to. I could always just check my 'user' page, but you've added thes schmancy new icons, and other contextual information, so I'm trying to properly utilize it (and I can't).

If an 'arrow' is going to be used prior, then why not after?

In my limited experience, rarely does a thread stop receiving posts suddently just because it has an accepted solution.

Cheers

[Edit] - Also, aren't the bubble shapes different for unsolved & solved? Why? You couldn't add the 'check' to the original icon?

"Potential has a shelf life." - Margaret Atwood

Autodesk Exchange Apps ~ Autoloader ~ AutoCAD Security

AutoCAD® 2014, and Civil 3D® 2014 Certified Professional ~ Autodesk® Authorized Developer

*Expert Elite*
Kent1Cooper
Message 54 of 82 (285 Views)

04-10-2014 06:31 AM in reply to: BlackBox_

BlackBox_ wrote:

Specifically, when subscribed to a thread it clearly shows this with either this [  ], or this [  ] icon (both of which I like), but when a post in that same thread is accepted as solution the icon changes to [  ], which in no way indicates that I am even participating in, or subscribed to that thread.

Yes, they know about it -- it has been raised here as well as in the Expert Elites' private forum, if not also elsewhere.  I hope your mentioning it again will help get some action.

Kent Cooper
Distinguished Mentor
BlackBox_
Message 55 of 82 (281 Views)

04-10-2014 11:58 AM in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Kent1Cooper wrote:

BlackBox_ wrote:

Yes, they know about it -- it has been raised here as well as in the Expert Elites' private forum, if not also elsewhere.  I hope your mentioning it again will help get some action.

Thanks for the prompt confirmation, Kent - Glad to know others, particularly EE, feel similarly.

Cheers

AutoCAD® 2014, and Civil 3D® 2014 Certified Professional ~ Autodesk® Authorized Developer

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 56 of 82 (257 Views)

04-11-2014 03:05 PM in reply to: BlackBox_

@BlackBox_ @Kent1Cooper This one is definitely on our radar as well and has been logged as a future enhancement. 

THanks for the feedback and please keep it coming!

Philip Schmelzer
Distinguished Mentor
BlackBox_
Message 57 of 82 (250 Views)

04-12-2014 09:48 AM in reply to: philip.s

philip.s wrote:

@BlackBox_ @Kent1Cooper This one is definitely on our radar as well and has been logged as a future enhancement. 

Thanks for the feedback and please keep it coming!

Cheers, Philip. 

Distinguished Mentor
steven-g
Message 58 of 82 (147 Views)

05-13-2014 12:29 AM in reply to: donovan.cox

There have been a lot of improvements, but it still has a long way to go, navigating to a subject is not simple (drafting techniques is still a hunt and find adventure) we still have the 3 sub folder limit on the forums main page, and I only know the sub folders exist from the old version, new users don't stand a chance unless they stumple across the sub folders.

Keeping track of new topics is an art in memory training, because the count is not updated when you mark all posts as read, I have to rely on remembering that in the LT forum there where 33 new posts last time I was on the main forum page (or was it 32) so I still end up going to the LT forum to find nothing new.

There was talk of allowing users to filter the forums listing to a personal choice of forums, is this still being worked on?

Regards Steven Gray
Setting Out (Joinery Manufacturing)
Autocad 2013LT
Windows 7 professional
Distinguished Mentor
BlackBox_
Message 59 of 82 (136 Views)

05-15-2014 03:48 PM in reply to: donovan.cox
Hi Phil,

Would it be possible to implement a mechanism that would allow multiple logins?

I had a personal account here (this account), well before joining my new employer, where I am our contract manager, software coordinator, etc. and find it frustrating to constantly log out of one to do something in the other throughout the work day.

Cheers

Distinguished Mentor
BlackBox_
Message 60 of 82 (130 Views)

05-15-2014 04:39 PM in reply to: donovan.cox
Better still, and perhaps even easier to implement, much like the majority of tester feedback, could you just implement an 'off switch' to disallow the auto-account recognition?

If I am logged into Autodesk 360 (yes I'm actually testing it for our daily work. Grrr), or Subscription Center in one account for work related tasks, I should be able to be here in the forums in a personal account, or logged into my ADN/Alpha/Beta account separately without having to log out of all of them, or back in as not all accounts have the same privileges.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.