*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 1 of 11 (1,180 Views)

Features seen Elsewhere

1180 Views, 10 Replies
08-10-2012 06:47 AM

Here's a couple little features that I have seen on other forums:

Local Time

Provided that a user has selected a time zone, his current local time is displayed on his page and under his name in posts.

Multi-Quote

Occasionally, the need to quote multiple posts arises. AUGI lets you tag one or more posts to add that quoted message to you new post.

This would also work well for capturing quotes from other threads. Now, I hit New Message, Quote, Copy, and then Paste into another message.

Hide Avatars

This has been mentioned many times before - users should have the option to not see Avatars and/or Ranking icons and colors.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 11 (1,177 Views)

Re: Features seen Elsewhere

08-10-2012 07:13 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

Another thought...

Reply in Progress Notice

When replying to a post, I would find it useful to see a message line pop up if another user is currently replying to the same post.

It wouldn't have to say who, just report that it's currently being replied to.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 3 of 11 (1,172 Views)

08-10-2012 09:27 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

I like this last one (plus the hide avatar option).

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 4 of 11 (1,152 Views)

08-13-2012 05:11 AM in reply to: pendean

That notice would help to alleviate possible multiple similar answers.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 5 of 11 (912 Views)

11-01-2012 12:38 PM in reply to: CADastrophe

Another feature on AUGI is the automatic related search. When Viewing a post, links to the top similarly titled threads pop up on the bottom of the page. I don't know how possible/practical that would be with this software, but I found that feature to be pretty useful.

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 6 of 11 (904 Views)

11-01-2012 02:02 PM in reply to: CADastrophe

Should we also have a similar Accept as Solution / Kudos signature at the bottom?

So that there is some similarity between posts or would this become more noise as peaople got used to seeing it?

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 7 of 11 (897 Views)

11-01-2012 02:52 PM in reply to: Charles_Shade

I don't know how much it actually helps, but I believe it does make a difference. I grayed the letters out and italicized it to make it "quieter". I think that the, images on the other hand, draw attention as a reminder.

I also don't report my system/version info via signature, as I rarely ask any questions, so it's not as cluttered.

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 8 of 11 (885 Views)

11-02-2012 05:09 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

Not too sure about the new clicks at the bottom of the posts.

A tad overdone?

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 9 of 11 (879 Views)

11-02-2012 05:43 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Charles_Shade wrote:

"Not too sure about the new clicks at the bottom of the posts.

A tad overdone?"

Now THAT's distracting! I didn't find a way to turn it off. I wish to especially considering I don't have any connection with anything listed there (aside from email, which I wouldn't openly display here).

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 10 of 11 (872 Views)

11-02-2012 06:16 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

I just noticed these... had to jump in here and see if I could figure out where they came from.  I don't mind them too much, as long as people are actually suing them to good purpose... but if someone posts a question 6 different places... could create a mess.  Would these forums automatically be linked to the Twitter and Facebook pages so that a response in one spot shows up in the others?

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.