Community Feedback

gaveriauxn
Message 1 of 16 (949 Views)
Accepted Solution

Delete my account

949 Views, 15 Replies
08-29-2013 12:05 PM

Hello

I used my account only once so I don't use it anymore, I didn't find how I can delete it... Any help please ?

Thanks

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 2 of 16 (935 Views)

Re: Delete my account

08-29-2013 03:13 PM in reply to: gaveriauxn

Hi Nicolas!

From this existing thread:

As of right now, the platform our forums live on doesn't offer an option to completely delete user accounts. The main reason for this is that if an account were to be fully deleted, all the conversations that user had participated in would be impacted and most likely not in a positive way (valuable points and contributions from that user would be deleted as well, etc.).

While we can't delete your accounts entirely, if you really want to leave for good, we can ban your account. It's an action we'd prefer not to take since you've done nothing wrong and we'd like to have you continue on as a valuable member of this community.

If you've thought about it and decided you would indeed like your account banned, though, please post a confirmation on this thread or send me a private message saying so. Once your account is banned you will not be able to log into this community with the username or email address you're currently using.

We are looking into alternative solutions for these requests and will let you know when we've landed on a solid process that works for everyone.

Thank you, and we hope you choose to stay!

**Please note, if you do not directly respond with a confirmation, we will not ban your account.**

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Philip Schmelzer
FGGain
Message 3 of 16 (644 Views)

03-24-2014 02:48 AM in reply to: philip.s

Hello

I am faculty at SCAD - Savannah College of Art and Design - Hong Kong campus.

I created an account but released too late it was not an education account - how do I delete it and start over? od can I change it?

As indicated in my University email address.

Thank you,

Prof F Gain

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 4 of 16 (634 Views)

03-24-2014 02:30 PM in reply to: FGGain

Hello @FGGain and welcome to the community!

Not sure that I follow here. Have you registered in the Education Community with a different account? Or are you curious if you can use this account on the Education Community site as well? 

Philip Schmelzer
FGGain
Message 5 of 16 (630 Views)

Delete my account

03-24-2014 08:16 PM in reply to: philip.s
Hello

Thank you for the reply.

I tried to start an education account as I am a new professor at SCAD and I am reaching AutoCad and Revit this semester.
I started filling out a education account but when I clicked info at the username it took me else where, where I thought I had to set up a username and then use that to create a education account, so I created a regular account. BUT now that I have created a regular account with my SCAD email I cannot create an education account as I used that email address and thus I cannot get the programs.

So could I please either,
1. delete that account and start a new education account with this email address.
or
2. change this regular user account to an educational account so I can download Revit and AutoCad (edu version) to my laptop.

Thank you!!

Best regards,

Frances G Gain
Professor of Interior Design
SCAD Hong Kong
薩凡納藝術設計 ( 香港 ) 大學
Community Manager
philip.s
Message 6 of 16 (616 Views)

03-25-2014 09:52 AM in reply to: FGGain

You're welcome Francis and thank you for providing the additional info. You should be able to register in the Education Community using the same exact credentials that you used to sign into the Autodesk Community. Can you please give that a try and let me know if you run into any specific issues? 

Philip Schmelzer
vinkooz7
Message 7 of 16 (413 Views)

05-07-2014 11:54 AM in reply to: gaveriauxn
Please delete my account. I don't find it useful anymore.

nadiaxoxo18
Message 8 of 16 (349 Views)

05-25-2014 01:48 PM in reply to: philip.s

Could you please delete my account. I don't use it anymore.

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 9 of 16 (331 Views)

05-27-2014 01:22 PM in reply to: nadiaxoxo18

Hello @vinkooz7 and @nadiaxoxo18!

The account deletion details outlined above are only relevant for the Autodesk Community and have no impact on ones Education Community access. To have your Autodesk Account deleted, please contact our Customer Support Team.

To find self-service solutions or reach us via Chat for Activation and Licensing Help:
Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
Select “Accounts and Sign In"
Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
Select “I Still Need Help” if you need personal assistance.

Philip Schmelzer
crisy_tal
Message 10 of 16 (260 Views)

06-14-2014 08:22 PM in reply to: philip.s
hi. i would like my account to be deleted/banned. ty
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.