Community Feedback

Alumni
TBasich
Message 11 of 17 (2,363 Views)

Re: Delete Account

12-03-2012 07:32 AM in reply to: kimberly0288

Hi Kimberly,

Would you mind telling us why you want to delete your account? Do you need to free up your email address for another purpose, or is there a different reason? Any opinions you can share would be greatly appreciated; the more information we have, the better we can help you and identify a good long-term solution for the community.

If you'd feel more comfortable answering me directly, please feel free to send a private message and we can chat that way.

Thanks!

Teresa Basich
Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
wagner.michael.86
Message 12 of 17 (2,335 Views)

12-03-2012 06:03 PM in reply to: TBasich

delete my account please! i don't need it anymore. thanks 

Alumni
TBasich
Message 13 of 17 (2,310 Views)

12-05-2012 09:19 AM in reply to: kimberly0288

Hi Kimberly (and everyone else who's posted here),

I wanted to follow up about your request. As of right now, the platform our forums live on doesn't offer an option to completely delete user accounts. The main reason for this is that if an account were to be fully deleted, all the conversations that user had participated in would be impacted and most likely not in a positive way (valuable points and contributions from that user would be deleted as well, etc.).

While we can't delete your accounts entirely, if you really want to leave for good, we can ban your account. It's an action we'd prefer not to take since you've done nothing wrong and we'd like to have you continue on as a valuable member of this community.

If you've thought about it and decided you would indeed like your account banned, though, please post a confirmation on this thread or send me a private message saying so. Once your account is banned you will not be able to log into this community with the username or email address you're currently using.

We are looking into alternative solutions for these requests and will let you know when we've landed on a solid process that works for everyone.

Thank you, and we hope you choose to stay!

**Please note, if you do not directly respond with a confirmation, we will not ban your account.**

Teresa Basich
Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
francescamorchio
Message 14 of 17 (1,877 Views)

02-21-2013 02:29 AM in reply to: TBasich

delete my account please! i don't need it anymore. thanks 

julianansorge
Message 15 of 17 (1,794 Views)

02-27-2013 09:36 AM in reply to: francescamorchio

Delete my account please! I don't need and want it anymore. thanks

vagelis451
Message 16 of 17 (1,758 Views)

02-28-2013 04:41 PM in reply to: julianansorge

Could you please delete my account? I made a mistake. I am new here and I have just signed in but I made a mistake. I wanted to create a student account. Please delete my account. Thank ou very much.

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 17 of 17 (1,740 Views)

03-01-2013 11:18 AM in reply to: vagelis451

Hello Vagelis,

Our Education Community and Discussion Forums actually use the same login information / Autodesk ID as they are both part of our Single-Sign-On Network.

With that being said, you would still need to register in the Education Community, but would enter the same credentials that you utilized to register here. 

Philip Schmelzer
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.